Bad Paths on Install

Guest jchastain

Guest jchastain

I will start off by saying I am new to CC and PHP, so this is probably obvious to somebody more experienced. I just did a clean install of PHP (5.1.2) and CC (3.0.10) on a Windows 2003 box. The admin area appears to work fine, but when I attempt to access the store front, I get a list of include errors. I have seen other posts on the forums regarding this type of error, but all of the examples show what appears to be unix/linux paths and not an actual directory path like I have in Windows. Could anybody offer me some pointers here?

The errors are as shown ...

Warning: include(language/en/home.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\includes\content\index.inc.php on line 38

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'language/en/home.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php\includes') in D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\includes\content\index.inc.php on line 38

Warning: include(language/en/home.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\includes\content\index.inc.php on line 42

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'language/en/home.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php\includes') in D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\includes\content\index.inc.php on line 42

Warning: opendir(language) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Invalid argument in D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\includes\boxes\language.inc.php on line 41

Warning: require_once(classes/cart.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\includes\boxes\shoppingCart.inc.php on line 41

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'classes/cart.php' (include_path='.;c:\php\includes') in D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\includes\boxes\shoppingCart.inc.php on line 41

My global.ini file looks like this ...

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = 'D:\\Admentus\\domains\\kcoutlet.com\\wwwroot2';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://store.kcoutlet.com';

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Your root directory is local but your store url is web. If you have an install on a local server your url would be something like http://localhost:85/kcoutlet or something like that. Is your store on the web? or Local? Either way your paths are wrong or at the very least the rootDir is. If your store is online (web) your rootDir should be something like: home/kcoutlet/public_html. if you are on a stand alone server it should be something like W:\\www\\folder

Without knowing how you have your store setup it's not possible to be specific.

Guest jchastain

The store is online ... http://store.kcoutlet.com. When you say the rootDir should be something like 'home/kcoutlet/public_html', at what level does the 'home' folder exist? As I mentioned before, the site url is as follows ...

http://store.kcoutlet.com

... and the file path is ...

D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\

So, what is home?

Thanks.

Guest jchastain

OK you say your root is D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\ but your global.inc has it as D:\\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\

That's why I was thinking local. Remove a \

My global.inc actually has double slashes in between each directory which I assumed as an escape. I attempted changing all of the double slashes to singles and nothing was any different.

Do I need to change this from a folder path ... i.e. with the drive letter to some sort of relative/web type path? All of the other examples I have seen so far show a relative/web path, but I am not sure what they are relative to.

Thanks.

Guest jchastain

See my edited post above

try this: /D:/Admentus/domains/kcoutlet.com/wwwroot2

Nope, still no good.

When somebody has the path listed like this ...

/home/mtc/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php

... what does the /home represent? I assume public_html is their web root, so what is /home/mtc?

Thanks.

Guest jchastain

Wait a minute, how is this supposed to work? The first error I am getting is as follows ...

Warning: include(language/en/home.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2\includes\content\index.inc.php on line 38

Line 38 od index.inc.php is ...

include("language/".$lang_folder."/home.inc.php");

So, considering my include_path is set as ...

include_path='.;c:\php\includes

... how does this include know to go up two levels and back down the language tree? The only place I have found the $glob['rootDir'] referenced is with several file_exists functions, so it should have no effect on these errors.

What am I missing here?

Guest jchastain

What it's telling you is your path is wrong. Call your host and find out what your root is.

I am the host ... this is a dedicated box. So, when you refer to "the root" ... the root of what?

Guest jchastain

root=the path to the directory where your files are stored

Which would have been ...

$glob['rootDir'] = 'D:\Admentus\domains\kcoutlet.com\wwwroot2';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

But this is the original setting which does not work. The admin interface works fine, it is just the public store that throws all of the errors.

How do these paths effect the errors in question? I cannot find mention of these paths anywhere in the chain of includes that are referenced in the error messages. As I mentioned earlier, if Line 38 of index.inc.php is ...

... and considering my include_path is set as ...

... how does this include know to go up two levels and back down the language tree?

Thanks

Guest jchastain

Has anybody installed CubeCart under Windows, specifically IIS? If so, could you show an example of what your paths look like in relationship to the directory structure?

Thanks.

Guest Malcolm1082

My global.ini file looks like this ...

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comparing your global.ini file to mine everything seems to match up except ...

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

Try changing it so it looks like this...

$glob['rootRel'] = '/wwwroot2/';

Chris

Guest jchastain

... and considering my include_path is set as ...

... how does this include know to go up two levels and back down the language tree?

This was my lack of understanding of PHP, so ignore this.

In more trial and error, I tried moving the cart application over to the C drive of my server which is where PHP is installed. Changing the paths as follows ...

$glob['rootDir'] = '/Inetpub/wwwroot';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

... works. However, leaving the site on the D drive with the following paths ...

$glob['rootDir'] = '/Admentus/domains/kcoutlet.com/wwwroot2';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

... still does not work. Is there some correlation between the application and PHP both being on the same drive? Does this mean the rootDir or my PHP include_path need to have something different showing the different drive letter?

Thanks for the continued assistance.

Guest jchastain

Comparing your global.ini file to mine everything seems to match up except ...

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

Try changing it so it looks like this...

$glob['rootRel'] = '/wwwroot2/';

Interesting thought, but I though the rootRel was relative to the web root? Either way, this does not appear to work in my situation. The only thing I have found to work, per my previous post requires moving the site over to the C drive, which is not my first choice. I would rather understand the different if somebody could explain it.

Thanks.

Guest Malcolm1082

In more trial and error, I tried moving the cart application over to the C drive of my server which is where PHP is installed. Changing the paths as follows ...

$glob['rootDir'] = '/Inetpub/wwwroot';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

... works. However, leaving the site on the D drive with the following paths ...

$glob['rootDir'] = '/Admentus/domains/kcoutlet.com/wwwroot2';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

... still does not work. Is there some correlation between the application and PHP both being on the same drive? Does this mean the rootDir or my PHP include_path need to have something different showing the different drive letter?

Thanks for the continued assistance.

I'm not very advanced with PHP but it's my understanding that it needs to be installed on the drive that you have the PHP script on.

Guest jchastain

Well, this makes absolutely no sense anymore. Moving CubeCart over to the C drive where PHP was caused everything to start working. So, I un-installed PHP and moved it to the D drive with the original CubeCart install and I still got the same error messages. Then, I left PHP installed on the D drive, moved CubeCart back to the C drive and it works again. Apparently, it does not care where PHP is installed (which is what I would have expected), but it only likes being on the C drive.

I checked all of the paths and permissions and everything matches. I even setup the same folder structure on the C drive so all of the paths match exactly. On the C drive it works, on the D drive it doesn't. This is one weird piece of software.

For future reference, my globals file ended up looking like this ...

$glob['rootDir'] = '/Admentus/domains/kcoutlet.com/wwwroot2/;

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';