Ability to auto download for verified client group ?????

Guest Jethro

Guest Jethro

Okay hopefully l will make this pretty simple to understand. We want the ability to accept payments via paypal and then to manually verify the customer. Once a customer is verified they are put into a "client" group and are given automatic download ability for their selected product(s).

In short can cubecart do the following or is their modification which does it.

1. Allow for manual verification of clients into a verified group.

2. Verified clients are given a link automatically from where they can download the product(s) they have purchased.

3. Non verified clients do not receive the download link.

4. Download links are on a timeout bases and only available via the client's cubecart account.

Thanks in advance for any help with this one.

Guest groovejuice

@jethro I'm not certain what you mean by 'verified'. When orders are made by customers, they are sent to PayPal and the order status in CC is 'pending'. Upon successful completion of the PayPal transaction, the order status changes to 'processing' and an email with an obfuscated (encrypted) link to the download product is automatically sent to the customer. You can specifiy in general settings the number of download attempts for digital products as well as the number of days the customer has to do so. If you place your download folder in the root folder at the same level as (but not in) your web/html folder, it is inaccessible from a browser, and therefore safe from unauthorized access. If you prefer for some reason to manually send the email with the download link, then I'd hop over to cubecart.org and ask for a mod. Convict has one that changes the status to 'completed' for digital products and it may be rather simple for him to mod the mod, so to speak.

Guest Jethro

@jethro I'm not certain what you mean by 'verified'. When orders are made by customers, they are sent to PayPal and the order status in CC is 'pending'. Upon successful completion of the PayPal transaction, the order status changes to 'processing' and an email with an obfuscated (encrypted) link to the download product is automatically sent to the customer. You can specifiy in general settings the number of download attempts for digital products as well as the number of days the customer has to do so. If you place your download folder in the root folder at the same level as (but not in) your web/html folder, it is inaccessible from a browser, and therefore safe from unauthorized access. If you prefer for some reason to manually send the email with the download link, then I'd hop over to cubecart.org and ask for a mod. Convict has one that changes the status to 'completed' for digital products and it may be rather simple for him to mod the mod, so to speak.

Thanks for the answer groovejuice.

Guess we need is to change it so that on successful completion of the Paypal transaction the order goes from 'pending' to 'waiting approval', then someone can approval or not the order manual before the download email is activated.

• 1 year later...
Guest marovios

Hi groovejuice, i have a doubt about this "processing" order status. I'm working with 2Checkout and everything goes well. The thing is that i have to change the status from "pending" to "processing" to actually being able to send the email wih the download link. I mean, that's not automatically done, i have to log in each time and do that. Is this some sort of configuration thing? Do i need a special mod for achieving this email be sent automatically without having to get into my account each time and change the status manually?.

Any clue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest groovejuice

@marovios, my experience is entirely with PayPal IPN (instant payment notification).

IPN lets CC know the transaction was successful and in this case the order status is automatically changed to processing, causing the download link to be sent. Some of the other gateways may do this also, but I'm not certain.

I do believe, however, that there is a mod that changes the status to "processing" when an order is made. Check one of the 3rd party sites for this.

Hope this helps a bit...... <_<