Endless loop in UPS shipping

Guest saturnnights

Guest saturnnights

Here are the errors I'm capturing via Prt Scr:

Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/my_username/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.pho on line 175

Warning: fopen(http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?

accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=44305&19_destPostal=44305&22_destCountry=U ((((here it ran off of the screen))))

failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/my_username/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/my_username/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 176

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/my_username/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 177

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/my_username/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 177

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...

Okay, seriously - what are those messages telling me (not the last three)?

Thanks,

Mark

Guest groovejuice

I once had a similar issue with UPS. The lines in question are where CC sends the product/shipping info to the UPS server. If the data sent is incorrect, incomplete or formatted incorrectly, this loop can occur. In my case it was the shipping destination postal code. In Canada, we use 6 digit codes -but they are typically written with a space between 2 groups of 3 characters (making 7 in all). When this format was used the loop occurred. When the postal code was edited to one six character entry, the problem went away. Some things you could look at besides postal codes are that the weights are set up in the correct format, and you have all the UPS shipping options completed in CC such as packaging code - I successfully use the format (CP). Hope this narrows it down a bit for you.

Guest saturnnights

I once had a similar issue with UPS. The lines in question are where CC sends the product/shipping info to the UPS server. If the data sent is incorrect, incomplete or formatted incorrectly, this loop can occur. In my case it was the shipping destination postal code. In Canada, we use 6 digit codes -but they are typically written with a space between 2 groups of 3 characters (making 7 in all). When this format was used the loop occurred. When the postal code was edited to one six character entry, the problem went away. Some things you could look at besides postal codes are that the weights are set up in the correct format, and you have all the UPS shipping options completed in CC such as packaging code - I successfully use the format (CP). Hope this narrows it down a bit for you.

Thanks - I'll keep working on it. I have soooo much to figure out that when a default module blows up, it really sets me back. Fortunately, I got the USPS working just fine, so that's my only current shipping, but it's pretty nice!

Mark

Guest Farhad

I'm in Canada and I'm having a similar problem...and I fixed the "7" stringed postal code,

but now I get this error message:

Origin postal code must have five digits to use UPS. Please update this in the module settings.

I'm quite sure I made all the changes that reflect the site to Canadian settings, but I can't quite figure out what the problem is here.

Any help would be appreciated =)

Guest groovejuice

UPS is currently set up for Canadian destinations, but not as the origin of the shipping ( as of 3.08 not sure about 3.09+). If the origin is US and you have this problem, then ensure that in the UPS module you have selected the Canadian and International shipping options.... For shipping with Canada as the origin, I use 'ship by weight' with some success, but am hoping the release of 3.10 will address some of these issues. Alternatively, there may be a shipping mod on cubecart.org that will suit you better. If you'd like some help setting up shipping by weight, feel free to PM me.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest saturnnights

<<bump>>

I'm hoping that somebody can give me some advice on UPS shipping. Right now, all that I have configured is USPS, and that works great, but whenever I activate UPS, my cart goes into an endless loop when you try to check out.

This is mystifying me :)

Thanks,

Mark

• 1 month later...
Guest nagual

Hi,

I have the same loop problem when I activate the UPS shipping option.

I tried to make a test order and when I click continue this is the error message:

Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/hl7951/public_html/cart/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: fopen(http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=33149&19_destPostal=92109&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=&47_rateChart=Regular+Daily+Pickup&48_container=&49_residential=1): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/hl7951/public_html/cart/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/hl7951/public_html/cart/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 176

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/hl7951/public_html/cart/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 177

And it continue in an endless loop indicating the errors in line 176 and 177

Is this problem related to the configuration of the server of my hosting provider ?

Please HELP !

My compliments to the staff of CUBECART !

Guest Kristina

Hi,

I have the same loop problem when I activate the UPS shipping option.

I tried to make a test order and when I click continue this is the error message:

Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/hl7951/public_html/cart/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: fopen(http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=33149&19_destPostal=92109&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=&47_rateChart=Regular+Daily+Pickup&48_container=&49_residential=1): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/hl7951/public_html/cart/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/hl7951/public_html/cart/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 176

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/hl7951/public_html/cart/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 177

And it continue in an endless loop indicating the errors in line 176 and 177

Is this problem related to the configuration of the server of my hosting provider ?

Please HELP !

My compliments to the staff of CUBECART !

Have you changed anything in the cube/modules/shipping/ups/calc.php or cube/modules/shipping/ups/ups.php or the cube/admin/modules/shipping/ups/index.php files , it looks like the container code is missing from the information above. It's hard to say without seeing the code. Was it working previously and have you applied any mods or skins recently that may have changed one of these files? Have you changed hosts or have they updated anything recently?

Also I can tell by the script that you will have issues if you don't have a UPS daily pickup. The rates will be too low if not as there was a tiny error in the module. There is a mod in the free third party mods to fix that when you get ups running again. Just be sure to follow the instructions to replace the code rather than uploading the pages if you have any mods installed that might affect the three above mentioned pages. I can tell you if you have 3.0.10, no mods applied and have the origin zip set to the US that the UPS module works. If you have applied any mods to those pages or played with them at all you may want to try restoring a backup copy if you have one.

I'm in the US so unsure about the canadian stuff... sorry can't help with that... :lol:

• 3 months later...

I get the same thing... any pointers????

Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/content/s/a/u/sauce214/html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: fopen(http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=27502&19_destPostal=50325&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=1&47_rateChart=Regular+Daily+Pickup&48_container=00&49_residential=1): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/content/s/a/u/sauce214/html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/s/a/u/sauce214/html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 176

I have great news for you !

I have found the solution to our common problem of the endless loop with UPS !!!

Technically speaking:

The problem is related to the PHP configuration of our hosting providers ( something that is out of our control).

The PHP server is configured to not allow directly the command FOPEN and so I found somebody that has modified the code in the file ups.php in order to bypass this limit ( YEAH !)

Once I had my UPS module working, I have found the way to get the correct rates....

Now everything is good and I can finally offer the UPS shipping option !

There are 3 files to be changed:

cart/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php

cart/modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php

cart/admin/modules/shipping/ups/index.php

I don't know how to post these correct files; if you let me know how, I will post them.

All the best ! :whistle:

Nagual

Your post is greatly appreciated. But luckily for me you pointed out the issue and i did not have to do the code modifications. I have linux hosting at godaddy and they give me access to my own php.ini file. So all i had to do was simply set allow_url_fopen = on and it works now. Once again, thanks a bunch.

I have found the solution to our common problem of the endless loop with UPS !!!

Technically speaking:

The problem is related to the PHP configuration of our hosting providers ( something that is out of our control).

The PHP server is configured to not allow directly the command FOPEN and so I found somebody that has modified the code in the file ups.php in order to bypass this limit ( YEAH !)

Once I had my UPS module working, I have found the way to get the correct rates....

I don't know how to post these correct files; if you let me know how, I will post them.

All the best ! ;)

Nagual

• 1 month later...

The cURL fix nagual referred to can be found here:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=15837

Technically speaking:

All the best ! :o

Nagual

• 3 years later...