uploading product images in bulk

Guest chantesse

The CC image Manager is fine for adding just a few images but I need to add about 100 product images.

Can I simply FTP them to the images/upload folder?

I have a similar question:

I know that ftping them up will not create the thumbmails that get created when you add or edit/save a product.

Is there any browse operation that will create the thumbnails en mass instead of one having to visit every product with the editor? I have heard that browsing the products recreates missing ones but it has not happened no so far in my attempts.

This is 'cos I want to resize them by changing the admin setting, delete the pics from thumbs folder then somehow recreate the newly sized ones.

I'm gpoing to try it your way. I'm not in the mood for an adventure today.

Thanks for the help.

Joe

To be honest i have never created a product without having uploaded the image firts. You could always try it once and if it doesnt work then do it the other way but i would recommend uploading the images first.

Yes you can just upload the images to images/uploads. CubeCart will create the thumbs when you create a new product using the images.

Does it matter which is done first, uploading images or creating product?

Guest chantesse

To be honest i have never created a product without having uploaded the image firts. You could always try it once

I found this mass thubmnail creator (from Evilhomer I think) on the mysterious cubecart.org - can anyone tell me what the difference is between .org and .com for cubecart forums? I had to join the other one to get that download...

http://www.cubecart.org/forums/index.php?a...details&f_id=61

Guest groovejuice

This site is the official Cubecart site. cubecart.org is where most of the administrators and coders and many of the users buy, sell and request modifications for CC. These mods are unofficial so a separate site was created. There are also strict rules here limiting the promotion of said mods, which are liberally flaunted (with good reason) on the other website. The sites complement each other well, even if it is a bit tedious to go back and forth. Hope this helps...

You think it's tedious for you? :D

We have to go back and forth constantly to support both the base software and all 3rd party add-ons for CubeCart. But we do it because we love it.

....well that and the king's ransom in beernuts that Brooky provides. :D

:w00t:

Hi;

I have did smilar thing before, I scaled all my product images with fireworks (batch process) and uploaded the images to images/uploads. Then from CubeCart admin panel I created products and assigned them images simply browsing and sellecting After that CubeCart creates the thumbs for you.

To try and answer all questions

yes you can upload all your images first using a ftp client then create the product and assign an image cubecart will then create the thumbnail for you

cubecart.com = official software and support for official software

cubecart.org = unofficial cubecart mods and mod support