add to basket not working fix?

sleepyfrog

I was having the same problem about the 'buy' and 'add to basket' option not working - ie nothing happening when they were selected. However, if I deleted the product and re-entered they started working!

The Buy button will only work on it's own if the item does not have any 'options' to choose from - if it does it goes to the item page.

However, if the option is hidden, when you get to the page you can't select the option from there either so the 'add to basket' button won't work, as it is expecting an option value.

I have recoded some pages so that the product options appear at the bottom of the add/view product page rather than in a seperate page - easier to add the options this way at the same time as creating the item.

The javascript should have been set to ->() if no options, however when saving it sometimes added a value on it's own: ->(0.00)

This gave the item an option, but it was hidden, so neither button would work.

Therefore, check your mysql database directly, in the _options_bot table and look for any 'blank' options and remove. This is where there is a 0 in both the value_id and option_*** fields.

Hope this helps at least some people! If it doesn't, well I'm only female so what would I know!