flash and php

Guest G-FX

I have a problem with a flash banner on top of my site that keeps reloading at every new page. I'm trying to make it so that it doesn't keep reloading .

is there a way to have something in the sessions varilable? or the only other way - have your pages in frames? - have the flash in the top frame.

Guest bennyuk

If the page reloads then the flash will reload.

Steer clear of frames.

I would have a separate header for each section so that the flash that is loaded can be changed.

alternatively lookj at using a flash function like _url.indexOf to evaluate the current URL and control what the flash movie does.

Personally I can't think of a proper way round this one. Would be interesting if you do find a solution, keep us posted.

Guest Brivtech

I have a problem with a flash banner on top of my site that keeps reloading at every new page. I'm trying to make it so that it doesn't keep reloading .

is there a way to have something in the sessions varilable? or the only other way - have your pages in frames? - have the flash in the top frame.

I could be stating the obvious, so with nothing further to lose...

Have you tried:

<param name="loop" value="false" />
 before you add the embed function?

Have you tried: 
loop="false"

within the embed funtion?

Have you checked the advanced settings in the program you're creating your flash files from that looping is set to 0 or off?

Within your Flash document, have you added a STOP into the last frame of the animation forcing the animation to stop until an action is called?

Out of interest, what software are you using to create the Flash file from?

I could be stating the obvious, so with nothing further to lose...

Have you tried:

<param name="loop" value="false" />
 before you add the embed function?

Have you tried: 
loop="false"

within the embed funtion?

Have you checked the advanced settings in the program you're creating your flash files from that looping is set to 0 or off?

Within your Flash document, have you added a STOP into the last frame of the animation forcing the animation to stop until an action is called?

Out of interest, what software are you using to create the Flash file from?

thanks for the reply.. I have tried <param name="loop" value="false" /> and loop="false" in the embed code... unfortunately that didnt fix it.

I have a stop action and stop all sounds at the last frame of the animation aswell as loop = 0.

One thing I have noticed though.. I have conviks sub menu mod and the flash doesnt repeat if I select a sub catogory... only if the main box is refreshed will the flash repeat.