Creating a new box, but actually coding it as a mod...

Guest BigNaz

Guest BigNaz

Hi folks, I really hope someone can assist...

As a new user to CC3 (formerly osC user) am going through that initial learning curve, and trying to work out where to find all the code locations that I want to play with.

I would like to add additional boxes not just to the side columns but also within the header. I have spent the last day or so reading/searching these forums but have failed to find my specific request...

I would like to create a new box that is defined as the stock boxes are, without droping raw code into the global/index.tpl file. I would like to create the full code required to create an instance of a box in the same manner that {SEARCH_FORM} or {SESSION} are dropped in.

I have studied the Information box structure and am relatively happy with the actual box definition but I keep finding language references such as

{LANG_INFO_TITLE}
 and 
{LANG_INFO_PRODUCTS}
 and need to find out if these are XML bits, functions or what??

I had a look in the in language file and it seems easy enough to add a new frontend language word/phrase, but where are these called from, and how can I make my 
{LANG_NEWBOX_TITLE}

generate??

I know this is probably not very well worded, but hopefully one of you CC3 experts will understand roughly where I am coming from :huh:

Answers quick please, as I am holding my breathe!!! :huh:

Regards,

BigNaz

You are on the good way :huh: All text like {LANG_NEWBOX_TITLE} is a 'simple' template assignation and does not matter what the hell is assigned to this so called template variable - you are able assign any php result (HTML code) :huh:

Do not be confused wit BOXes - BOX content is a HTML result made in included php file.

Only you need is to understand how whole parsing works - just read this post

Guest BigNaz

Only you need is to understand how whole parsing works - just read this post

Thanks for all your help Convict, I had a look at that post and printed it for reference!

Now I think I can redesign 'Killer' to my own styling!

Don't rest too easy, there may well be a PM or two coming your way if I get stuck! :huh:

Thanks again,

BigNaz