serious email problem with ORDER emails - help ASAP

djcaseanova

Okay... my emails are being sent to me, I've had this happen about three times.

Here is what's going on....

I get my email confirmation of an order being placed. I then go into my admin to verify. Good thing too!! I have caught 3 emails that are completely different than the order that was placed.

The email is showing a totally different product number, product description and amount than what the admin panel is saying, but they both have the same Order #

Which one is the accurate one??? I am assuming it's the one in cubecart that is accurate.

Is there a fix for this??? I am still on CC Version 3.0.8

Guest estelle

The one in CubeCart is the one to trust. Also compare total order price with payment received.

This situation arises because the order info emailed to Admin is sent before payment has been completed. Sometimes a customer might stop during payment and return to your store. They can then change the order and continue to payment again. The order would then be different, but the same order number is used since payment wasn't completed and so the cart wasn't cleared. However, the order info is *not* emailed to Admin the second time.

Hope this makes sense! :huh:

thanks, that must be what has happened.

I figured that might have been it, but I was waiting for payment notification to be emailed from paypal. Sure enough, the order in the admn was the correct one. Thanks... I usually wait to see, but the big concern is, that if they do a print order, which one gets printed? The one that is emailed or the one that is changed. This is what would confuse me, as I've had one like this which I am still waiting for payment on.

Also, think there might be an add on to the future carts or maybe a MOD that would email a

"Order number 293232-23232-232323 CHANGED" or even a "Cancelled" order??

Guest estelle

You're the only one who sees the first (out of date) order. The customer will see the final order in their account and in the confirmation email.

It would only require one little change if you want to receive emails for modified orders.

• 1 month later...
Guest chantesse

Noticed the same issue last night and wow did it cause confusion! (One item was 'missing' in the Order view compared to the Admin email and the totals did not match).

Thanks to the above post I now understand. This really ought to be fixed - we read our email on a mobile while selling at fairs, and wish to put items aside if we see there was a Cubecart order for a low stock item. Any takers?

• 3 weeks later...

If the order is changed by the customer I think it would be a good idea if admin was notified of this some how. Either with a second email with the same order number, but with some sort of indicator saying the previous order should be ignored or something.

Guest PMinteractive

Hi, does anyone know how to stop the email being sent prematurely then? Surely the admin email could just be sent at the same time as the customer one, from the ordersuccess.inc.php script. I've been trying to figure it out as I've been getting emails for orders that don't get placed (all with junk information, so I'm not loosing orders). It seems that it gets as far as the take card details screen and then sends the email before the payment is validated.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest chantesse

The one in CubeCart is the one to trust. Also compare total order price with payment received.

This situation arises because the order info emailed to Admin is sent before payment has been completed. Sometimes a customer might stop during payment and return to your store. They can then change the order and continue to payment again. The order would then be different, but the same order number is used since payment wasn't completed and so the cart wasn't cleared. However, the order info is *not* emailed to Admin the second time.

Hope this makes sense! :rolleyes:

Hmm... I wonder if I can reproduce a situation like this in test, I had thought that if a Customer get as far as choosing a Payment Method then clicking GO, the Cart is EMPTIED at this point & she's committed to the Order per the last state of the Basket (even if Payment is not successful).

But I have heard from several of our Customers that they have somehow 'gone back' and due to Convict's Change Stock on Pending Mod, the Customer is seeing some of the Items they themselves just ordered as OUT OF STOCK. The alarmed Customer then REMOVES these from their Cart and replaces them with other Items! We get the email vs. Admin Order difference and the Customer is not best pleased!

Does anyone know (cc 3.09 for example) when the Basket is 'officially' emptied?

(We do not have Paypal return to our shop after payment - Cubecart is not aware whether or not Payment completed - also we allow the other payment option of Print Order Form).

Guest nev_sutter

I've just received a similar question from a client who I setup up a CC store for.

If the customer finishes the order but NOT the payment we still get the order thru and the customer gets a confirmation.

Looking like its paid for.

How can we get round this ?

Any ideas?

(btw when I tested this, the customer didn't receive the email confirmation).

Guest chantesse

In std Cubecart, if you choose a Payment Gateway such as Paypal & get the "Return After Payment" bit working, the Order Status is meant to go to Completed if Payment went OK, or remain at Pending if not. This is how Admin is supposed to know.

• 4 weeks later...

It would only require one little change if you want to receive emails for modified orders.

Is there a mod for this? Would be interested to know how to fix it as well!

Sxx

Guest chantesse

I have used a different approach: As customer is about to choose payment Gateay I post a warning to say: Your order will now be created & sent to us, if you wish to review it afterwards pls see your Order history.

Have modded this next bit: When customer proceeds into Gateway, CART IS CLEARED and they cannot return to modify the Order that's been emailed to Admin & which now exists at Pending. Without the mod, if Payment process uncompleted, they can go back & mod their order after Admin email was sent.

We then resolve any payment difficulties by email / take card directly over phone.