Need a bit of help with Killer skin please.

Guest Gigglet

Guest Gigglet

Hello everyone I was wondering if I could get help with an issue I am having please. I am trying to reskin my stores killer skin. I am very new to coding and cube cart. Usually my husband does all of this for me. He does not have the time today so I figured I would try my hand at it. So if I don't make much sense I am sorry, I am still really new to all of this. I have almost everything the way I need it, how ever I have two problems.

My first problem is I have changed the back ground image from the white to a picture. That worked well how ever now I need the areas where the site docs, info about the store and Latest Products to be white again. If there is not really a simple fix for this that's ok. I think I kind of like it like this, just not sure people can read it ok.

My second problem is I need to change the sky blue line to fit the rest of the lines around the boxes. I don't think it's a picture so it must be a hex color in the style sheet. How ever I have no clue which one that is, lol.

Thank you for your time any help that you can give would be super. I want to warn anyone going to look at my site to help me we sell ADULT ITEMS! From adult toys to lingerie, just had to warn you in case you are at work or around kids.

Guest garysmith

Hi I think the blue line is controlled in the layout.css file in the stylesheets folder.

Look for the entry .boxContent {

The hex you need to change is the attribute for the border-top: property.

To change the backgrounds of the boxes to white there are several entries for the boxes in the stylesheets.

I have seen somewhere in these posts a link to a site that lists what everything is for in the .css file, you should be able to find it with a search (sorry can't remember where I saw it)

Hope this helps.

Guest Gigglet

Thank you bunches for your quick reply. I will go try and change the hex right now! :(

*hugs*

I will do a search for the post that says what is in the .css file!

Thank you again for your reply!

:)

Yay chaging that hex color worked! Thank you!

*does a silly dance*

:D

Guest Gigglet

Hmmmm still kind of stuck here. I have changed the hex colors in many places and no luck. So far nothing seems to change them. I guess I will keep trying.

You'll find the text for your site docs in style.css

.txtSiteDocs, a.txtSiteDocs {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

color: #6CA660;

font-weight: bold;

}

a.txtSiteDocs:hover {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

color: #9DCE93;

text-decoration: underline;

Guest Gigglet

Hmmm I changed the colors and it did not change the back ground at all. Oh well, thanks for the post. I feel I am so close yet so far away from the solution, lol.

Guest garysmith

Try in the layout.css ( you may ned to add background-color if it doesn' thave one.)

Look for .boxContentLeft, .boxContentRight as below:

.boxContentLeft, .boxContentRight {

border-left: 1px solid #0000ff;

border-right: 1px solid #0000ff;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

padding-left: 5px;

padding-top: 9px;

padding-bottom: 5px;

w

You may want to make your sessionbox background transparent as well?

#sessionBox {

background-color: transparent;

text-align: left;

<!--background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/sessionBg.gif);-->

width: 236px;

height: 96px;

float: right;

}

Hmmm I changed the colors and it did not change the back ground at all. Oh well, thanks for the post. I feel I am so close yet so far away from the solution, lol.

That code will just change the site documents text. What background do you want to chage? Inside boxes, sub surround?

Add: background-color: #your hex code; to #pageSurround or body or #subSurround in layout.tpl.

Have fun, play around.

Guest Gigglet

Thank you all for your help.

The area that I need changed is the background in the about us on the front page, the site docs area, and the actual product area. Right now the background looks like the marble and it makes the text hard to read. So I need to add a soild background color where the text box area is. I know I was not very descriptive before, still just learning my way around the cube cart. :D

As soon as I have some coffee I will see what I can do to fix the site some more. I will let yall know how it went!

*hugs and cheers*

;)

Guest garysmith

Hi Gigglet

For the area you described (can't look at the moment as I am at work), I think the section you are looking for is:

.boxContent{

Add a line

background-color: #FFFFFF;

To turn the background white

Guest Gigglet

Ah yah I kind of figured but I just wanted to make 100% sure I didn't miss anything.

Kind of hit a road block until this evening, then my husband should have time to help me.

Thanks again for all the help!

;)