Can I Duplicate my cube cart shop to another domain?

Hi All

I have been away for a while trying to regenerate ;)

My question is this:

My client is now happy with there shopping cart and now want 2 more new one built that will be very very similar but with different products on 2 new domain names ( there choice not mine)

Is it possible so i get the exact same look to just download (ftp) all the working CC files and save on my HD then upload them to the new domains?

Main reason is i have mad some small modifactions to the new one and i want to keep the next 2 the same

all i have to do hopefully is just set up a new database ( iguess) for each domain and upload new pics and edit/add details for each new product in admin?

is this possible or not???? I hope it is or will some one tell me its easyer just to upload a fresh CC for each domain?

hope that explains all

Many thanks

:D

Guest umicom

Hi

Yes you can, however if you have a licensed copy you would need to purchase additional license keys to cover you for the additional sites. Also, download Config Tools.

If you need recruitment site replication for agents etc.. let me know I can help with that

:)

Hi All

I have been away for a while trying to regenerate ;)

My question is this:

My client is now happy with there shopping cart and now want 2 more new one built that will be very very similar but with different products on 2 new domain names ( there choice not mine)

Is it possible so i get the exact same look to just download (ftp) all the working CC files and save on my HD then upload them to the new domains?

Main reason is i have mad some small modifactions to the new one and i want to keep the next 2 the same

all i have to do hopefully is just set up a new database ( iguess) for each domain and upload new pics and edit/add details for each new product in admin?

is this possible or not???? I hope it is or will some one tell me its easyer just to upload a fresh CC for each domain?

hope that explains all

Many thanks

:D

Guest gwizard

UKloto, yes you can do that and it's quite painless.

Just copy your cc as is to the new domains and then replicate your database as is to the new domains also.

Then, edit your global.inc.php to adjust for path, database name, etc on both new domains.

Then download ConfigTool from this site and adjust the new installations settings in the database.

Not including the time to copy the files, it should take 15 minutes tops.

Thank you both for help

I am guessing that all can be copied ( except images folder as i dont want the old images but i know i must create a new blank image folder for new ones)

also i have full and complete control over my databases so i can create new ones from myadminphp but from what i undestand from your info i can copy my DB and just change configs to suit new domain??

how ever the only things that will be different in new ones are Cat and sub cat names, Images and the DB which i need to just config too new domains?? is that correct.

then just upload the new images and use CC admin to connect images to cats and sub cats?

am i on the right track here.?

just checking before i start.

cheers

Guest umicom

Yep it all sounds ok to me, however best way is to do it and if you have any problems let me know I will be here to help you as also other members are here too :D

You can actually use the same database and install more than one Cart on it (Ofcourse you need a license key for each one ), just give them all a different prefix i.e store1_ store2_

Let me know how you get on

:D seems to be something i must of done wrong but i get this error now

MySQL Error Occured

1045: Access denied for user 'web21_buskersbor'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

this is what i did

domain and space all ok set up

ftp'd, copied all 3.09CC files ( except the full files of images etc..but i did make images and those inside as a new file in the new website .... as i said i dont want to import all the old images)

all ok so far

then i edited global.inc.php to match the new database i imported in.

and also the same for includes/global.inc.php ( basically the same )

and i get above errornow the user is correct and login correct any ideas????

:wacko:

Guest umicom

Yep, what is your database located, your host?

in your error message it says local host meaning your computer.

If your stores are online which I assume they are then you need to put in your host address in the Global.inc.php

it will work after that, assuming everything else is done correctly

Keep me posted :D

i think all is correct as i compared both global inc.php files and just changed my new DB name etc. as the first one works ok but this new one doesnt?????

this is the new one>>>.>

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'web21_buskersbor';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '**************';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'web21_buskersbor';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/sites/buskersborder.co.uk/public_html/';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://buskersborder.co.uk';

?>

this is the one that is working now ok>>>>>

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'web20_buskers_1';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '***************';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'web20_buskers_1';

$glob['installed'] = '0';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/sites/buskersmoorcroft.co.uk/public_html/shoppingcart/';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://buskersmoorcroft.co.uk/shoppingcart';

?>

if that helps?? :D

also when i goto my database in my control panel then manage myadmin it shows my host servers have had an upgrade of mysql from 4.12 i think to something like 5.01? dont know if that would make a difference?

Edited by uklotto

Guest umicom

I just tried what you have for myself and when I place localhost as my dbhost I get the same error message

I suggest you get your dbhost name in instead of localhost. the address of the host i.e xyz123.com <---

What is the hosting company you are with or are is it your dedicated server?

Let me try a few experiments and get back to you

i think all is correct as i compared both global inc.php files and just changed my new DB name etc. as the first one works ok but this new one doesnt?????

this is the new one>>>.>

<?php

$glob['dbpassword'] = '**************';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'web21_buskersbor';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/sites/buskersborder.co.uk/public_html/';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://buskersborder.co.uk';

?>

this is the one that is working now ok>>>>>

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'web20_buskers_1';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '***************';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'web20_buskers_1';

$glob['installed'] = '0';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/sites/buskersmoorcroft.co.uk/public_html/shoppingcart/';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://buskersmoorcroft.co.uk/shoppingcart';

?>

if that helps?? :D

also when i goto my database in my control panel then manage myadmin it shows my host servers have had an upgrade of mysql from 4.12 i think to something like 5.01? dont know if that would make a difference?

HI All just to let you know i found the first part of problem

<?php

should be not with underscore for some reason it automatically did this

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'web21-buskersbor';

all comes up ok but...........

1. i cant get admin to come up??? http 404 page not found but it is there.

2. i have got all old sub cats and top cats showing which is what i didnt want and now once i get into admin?? i will have to delete all of them ( it seems that it would have been easier to just upload a fresh and start again :D

any help any one what i should do now as i need this to be simple to do for the next new one?

Hi All it still not right so i decided to start from scratch and just upload new 3.09 CC

how ever as i only what the layout and workings to be same as the other website ( ie all i want to do then is just upload new images and prices) will it work and what files i need to just copy and paste ( ftp) like the document files ( terms, postage, contact etc).

just a small not the reason i think it didnt work last time was the old website was uploaded in a sub folder ( cart) where as i am doing this new site in its root file and not another folder first.

many thanks

if no idea i guess i will have to add the mods i am using from scratch again? */*

NO Worries

Job Done now i just copied the contents from old