cheapest UK Shipping company

Hi guys;

Many people on the forum have been doing business for many years. I have been using Royal mail and they are a Bast***d to work with. They have lost so many of my parcels, claiming with them is a complete nightmare. They're not the cheapest either!

Does anyone have any other recommendations other then royalmail?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest hennaboy

It will depend on how much volume you have. If you can justify the volume then you can get accounts with all the other carriers such as DHL, Business Post, Fedex and so on.

However i dont think they will be much cheaper, if any cheaper at all, then Royal Mail

It will depend on how much volume you have. If you can justify the volume then you can get accounts with all the other carriers such as DHL, Business Post, Fedex and so on.

However i dont think they will be much cheaper, if any cheaper at all, then Royal Mail

I use DHL and also use Parcle Force too

Guest Brivtech

Varies from customer to customer. Depends on what you're shipping and where you're shipping it to.

There's a lot of factors to take into consideration:

Weight of boxes

Size of boxes

Number of boxes being shipped each day

Value of goods being shipped

For instance, one of our UK customers uses DHL for all their shipping, they ship boxes weighing about 25KG each on average, measuring about 1ft X 2ft X 3ft, valued at about £600 per box, and I know their cost for DHL standard (Non-guaranteed next day) is about £7.95, with economy (Non-guaranteed 3 day) being about £6.25.

Another customer uses Business Post for all their shipping, they ship small computer parts, and they get about £3.50 for next day, but they go through a lot of packages. Because of the value of some of the components (Like Hard Drives and RAM), their insurance is also important.

Another customer who sells pet products, which are bulky, but realatively low cost uses parcelforce, or delivers within 20 miles if the order value is sufficient.

Best advice, workout your requirements, and give several companies a call, They will all be happy to send a rep around to talk you into using their service, which works out well when you have prices to throw at them. never accept the first price, tell them they can do better and see how much more they can squeeze off the price. It's up the the reps to make the deals.