Images wont upload

Guest kenny lee

Guest kenny lee

Hi Again... now im trying to upload product images to no avial. I upload as directed the file seems to upload but then it still says no imgaes available .... thanks

Hi Again... now im trying to upload product images to no avial. I upload as directed the file seems to upload but then it still says no imgaes available .... thanks
Respectfully, there are too many words and not enough facts in that description. Please understand that in order to help you, someone has to "see" exactly what you are seeing and doing.

So let's start with a simple question . . .

Are you in the store Admin Cntrol Panel (ACP) or on your server?

Let's work step by step from there, one step at a time, and we'll solve the problem.

Guest kenny lee

yes I have both open the acp and my ftp...

this is the comment I am recieving....Warning: is_file(): Stat failed for /www/k/kennylee/htdocs/shop/images/uploads/thumbs (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /www/k/kennylee/htdocs/shop/includes/functions.inc.php on line 356

yes I have both open the acp and my ftp...

this is the comment I am recieving....Warning: is_file(): Stat failed for /www/k/kennylee/htdocs/shop/images/uploads/thumbs (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /www/k/kennylee/htdocs/shop/includes/functions.inc.php on line 356

Still too much information.

Which are you actually using that is causing this error? ACP or FTP?

Remember, I can't see what you are seeing. You have to tell me one-step-at-a-time.

ACP or FTP?

im sorry im using acp
Now I'm going to feel guilty if I don't actually help you.

OK, so you are in the ACP. Let's see if I can understand exactly where you are . . .

In the menu on the left, have you clicked on

File Manager > Manage Images or

File Manager > Upload Images

or have you done something else? Maybe you are trying to add an image while in "View Products" or "Add Product"?

I have tried all 4 ways actually
and you are getting the exact same error in each of those four methods?

If that's so, I think you should consider deleting the installation and doing a fresh reinstallation. Which version of CC are you working with?

If that's so, I think you should consider deleting the installation and doing a fresh reinstallation. Which version of CC are you working with?

Best thing to do, as long as you have not already populated your store and images, is to delete the 3.08 installation. It has some security issues. Then install 3.0.10.

Best thing to do, as long as you have not already populated your store and images, is to delete the 3.08 installation. It has some security issues. Then install 3.0.10.

It also occurs to me that you will want to make sure that your hosting service is friendly to such things as CC and similar programs based on PHP and MySQL.