Automatic Process Generator!

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

I'm working on a marketing system, and have come across a requirement, where I'm at a loss at the moment where to start.

Here's an example of the application:

A database records dates of special events. This is used for a marketing system where a client wants to automatically generate an email regarding that special event - For instance, an anniversary or birthday of one of their customers.

Where do I start in creating something that can check the events on a continious basis, and action them? The events need to be stored in an online database (Like mySQL), but the process handler doesn't have to be internet based.

I'm looking for a system to run automatically, rather than have to make a manual daily check of events.

Anyone able to help send me into the right direction?

Guest gwizard

If it's a Linux machine then you can build PHP/Shell/Perl/Whatever application and run it via Cron say, every 24 hours.

If it's a Windows machine then you can achieve the same via Windows Scheduler or similar app.

Guest Brivtech

If it's a Linux machine then you can build PHP/Shell/Perl/Whatever application and run it via Cron say, every 24 hours.

If it's a Windows machine then you can achieve the same via Windows Scheduler or similar app.

Thanks Gwizard - I was just looking at Windows Scheduler and Windows scripting host, good tip with Linux. May have found my solution. ;)