Help with moving site

Guest viss

Hi Guys,

Ive moved my site to a new host Ive done the following steps and am 90 % there just have a few probs mabey somone can help me with.

1. Downloaded the whole ccrt directory and re uploaded it to the new server. OK.......

2. exported sql database and imported to new server. OK.....

3. Edited global.inc.php to reflect the new database name and password. OK......

4. CHMOD folders Images and Thumbs to 777. OK......

Now the problems,

1. I have no thumbnail images all the main pics are there but not the thumbs for the products.

2. I cannot login to admin page it just comes up as The webpage cannot be found.

page can be found here www.branchesofbeauty.com.au/wholesale

Guest gwizard

Have you edited the rootURL, rootDIR, etc in global.inc.php to reflect the change in location ?

You will also have to edit ini_set line in ini.inc.php for the email template mod. The path must be absolute !

Have you edited the rootURL, rootDIR, etc in global.inc.php to reflect the change in location ?

You will also have to edit ini_set line in ini.inc.php for the email template mod. The path must be absolute !

No I havent ill check them out and report back.

No I havent ill check them out and report back.

Ok I changed the root dir and it gave me the thumbs back, I still cant log into admin or veiw cart or sign in. heres the global.inc.ini can you see if I have somthing wrong ?

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'branchesofbeauty_com_au_-_ccrt1';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '******';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '******';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/var/www/html/wholesale';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/wholesale/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.branchesofbeauty.com.au/wholesale';

Guest walmarc

Looks like you may have moved to a host that uses a control panel like Smartyhost - no comment.

I think one way around your problem would be to:

1. Complete a fresh installation of CubeCart

2. Download the global.inc.php from the fresh install

3. Import the database content and upload via FTP the Cubecart store content

4. Upload the fresh global.inc.php (ensuring the storeURL includes "www")

If you need help PM me.

Unfortunately that is not an option I have alot of mods installed on my site and 100's of hours work in imputting products a fresh install is out of the question. Its a simple matter of paths not being correct the site was 100% functional on the other server adn now its 90% I just need to find what paths are incorrect.

UPDATE: Turned of ssl using the update config tool I now have access to sign in and login and cart so obviously ssl settings are wrong.

I still cannot log into cubecart admin.

Looks like you may have moved to a host that uses a control panel like Smartyhost - no comment.

No an Australian hosting co.

Guest walmarc

Unfortunately that is not an option I have alot of mods installed on my site and 100's of hours work in imputting products a fresh install is out of the question.

You may have misunderstood what I meant - the only thing you would be replacing by a fresh install would be the global.inc.php - everything else would be uploaded/imported over the fresh install thereby retaining your mods.

Are these your SSL settings?

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to Store: /wholesale/

Absolute SECURE URL to Store: https://branchesofbeauty.com.au/wholesale

Server SECURE Root Directory: /var/www/html/wholesale

:w00t:

I'm assuming you've tested the SSL installation on the new server. Edit: Just Tested it - OK except it generates a security warning like a self-signed certificate - "Could not verify this certificate because the Issuer is unknown".

Ok SSL problem now resolved Everything is working except I cannot log into admin. Page cannot be displayed.

Hi Viss

Just had a look at your site and looks great except for the home page.

Thanks mate Im still working on getting some boxes for the product to display on the main page is that what you meant ? Ive tried many product display fixes and cant seem to get any working :w00t:

Bah for the life of me I cant figure this out :D

I have SSL working fine, All the products and shopping cart work fine, sign in works everything is normal cept NO ADMIN :D

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at www.branchesofbeauty.com.au Port 443

:D I need help :w00t:

Guest gwizard

Look at your error_log for the exact error that causes admin not to show.

If in doubt, ask your host to help you debug this.

I think it has to do with PHP/Apache settings.

Maybe Safe Mode = On ?

P.S. Is CC works with Safe Mode ?

Guest gwizard

Safe Mode is a PHP setting that is located in php.ini

depending on your host and server config it may be that you have control over it or not.

error_log is located in several locations, again, depending on your server config.

Look for directories Logs, log, /var/tmp/logs or something similar.

Best ? Ask your host.

Ok I found the log and tried to access the admin page and this is the error it gave me.

[Wed Apr 05 19:37:45 2006] [error] [client 220.233.196.125] Premature end of script headers: php-script

Also does the php.ini file reside in the cart directory or another place ?

Guest gwizard

Ok, From a short Googling I found out that:

1. Some hosts make reserved names for directories. /admin is a good example of such reserved dir.

The solution in this case would be to rename admin to something else. There is a tutorial for it somewhere in this forum.

2. Domain propagation issue.

Were there at least 72 hours from the point you made the order to propagade your domain till now ?

P.S. I know it sounds idiotic since the domain resolves.

3. Try changing permissions on admin dir to 755.

Some hosts do not allow full permissions on scripts.

It seems a lot of people having this problem on different systems.

The BEST thing for you would be to raise a support ticket with your host for them to fix this.

This is NOT CubeCart issue, but a host issue.

Let them deal with it.

****CLOSED**** :D

Issue was a propergation one left it till this morning and all is great. Thanks all for your help.

*********OPEN AGAIN********* B)

Bah I found an error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /var/www/html/wholesale/classes/gd.inc.php on line 47

Would this error be because the chmod on the uploads & the thumbs are set at 755 and not 777 ?

Ive changed the chmod but it keeps going back to 755 I guess if this is the problem I need to contact host.

Guest gwizard

It may be permission problem (though I doubt it) or it may be becouse you don't have GD installed.

Ask your host.

If it's not installed, ask them to install latest GD 2.x with GIF and PNG support.