editing home page doesn't work

Guest livingwith

Guest livingwith

I wish to edit the homepage text - but every time I enter text and hit the "update homepage" button, both the text and title return to the default "welcome to cubecart" message! How can I change this - is it a permissions problem? If so, what do I need to change to enable it? I'm getting no error messages at all.

cubecart 3.0.8

php 4.3.11

mysql 4.1.15

apache/unix

Guest Joker8118

Find the file: /lang/en/home.inc.php and set the file permissions to cmod 777 (it's 644 usually). When your done change it back to that.

Find the file: /lang/en/home.inc.php and set the file permissions to cmod 777 (it's 644 usually). When your done change it back to that.
He didn't mention getting any errors so I'm going to bet that he's using FireFox.

The problem he described is exactly what happens to me when I try to edit the home page using FireFox. Try it in the justly despised MS/IE and you can edit it.

Moral of the story: even a stopped clock is right twoce a day.

Guest livingwith

I'm using Safari, but thanks for the info......

He didn't mention getting any errors so I'm going to bet that he's using FireFox.

The problem he described is exactly what happens to me when I try to edit the home page using FireFox. Try it in the justly despised MS/IE and you can edit it.

Moral of the story: even a stopped clock is right twoce a day.

perfect, thanks! Just need my paypal cart problem sorted and I'm ready to go live!! YEEHAW!!!!

Guest Frenergy

I am having the same problem with FireFOX (even though it kicks IE)

I do have a dormant copy of IE, do you recommend usging this? Or should I change the CHMOD values ??

Cheers

Lee

• 3 weeks later...
Guest providencebooks

Hi Guys,

I am using IE browser, and I have the same problem. Also, when I select to ad product to latest product list (which is on my home page), I get no results. It triggers back to the default home page.

Any pointers?

Thank you

Scott

Guest magicdoll

I'm also trying to edit the homepage. It worked yesterday, I edited it then, now when I try to today... it doesn't take. I've tried it in IE/Firefox both... nothing. ;)

Help?

I'm also trying to edit the homepage. It worked yesterday, I edited it then, now when I try to today... it doesn't take. I've tried it in IE/Firefox both... nothing. :dizzy:

Help?

I'm encountering the same problem and have not found the cause - but I have found a work around that works as long as you know PHP. It also helps to know some HTML.

Go to Language > en > home.inc.php and edit the home page there, save and FTP the editied file up to the server, overwriting the default.

Problem solved. Since my inability to edit the home page through the CC ACP only affects this single page, one that I rarely change once I get it the way I want, it's no big deal.

Guest magicdoll

I'm also trying to edit the homepage. It worked yesterday, I edited it then, now when I try to today... it doesn't take. I've tried it in IE/Firefox both... nothing. :dizzy:

Help?

I'm encountering the same problem and have not found the cause - but I have found a work around that works as long as you know PHP. It also helps to know some HTML.

Go to Language > en > home.inc.php and edit the home page there, save and FTP the editied file up to the server, overwriting the default.

Problem solved. Since my inability to edit the home page through the CC ACP only affects this single page, one that I rarely change once I get it the way I want, it's no big deal.

Thanks :) That worked... except now I find that there are other pages that the same thing is happening on :D.

Also, how are links added in the 'information' module box? Do I edit/add modules?