I Have PAID Someone to INSTALL and It still DOES NOT WORK!!&#3

Guest marline

Guest marline

How hard is it to get this CART - WORKING, I have yahoo, and even a person that makes mods for the software could'nt get it going, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

Guest ardwyn

Hi Marlene. I can see you are very frustrated. I just looked at your site and am seeing MySQL, I don't remember seeing that when I installed but it was a while ago.

Seeing as it's gone so cockeyed and is stressing you out it maybe a good idea to delete what you've got and install a fresh version and follow the manual to install from HERE.

People are very helpful here and are more than willing to help. We've all been through the frustration when things don't go right and 9 times out of 10 it's usually something so silly and our own fault.

So stick with it and start from scratch, and explain clearly with as much detail as you can when you hit a problem.

Guest JustOneOldMan

Not to hijack Marline's thread, but I'm having similar problems. I've installed CC a couple of times with no problems at all, but this time is a little different. I CHMOD files and folders as required, there is no problem with the mySQL database connection, and the automatic installation proceeds almost without error. The single error during installation is that none of the graphics show up. I delete the install folder before accessing the store. I'm installing version 3.0.10.

However, when I try to access the store afterward, I get a number of errors starting with the following sample:

Warning: main(includes/sessionStart.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 56

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/sessionStart.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 56

Warning: main(includes/sslSwitch.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 58

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/sslSwitch.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php:56) in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/includes/session.inc.php on line 96

Warning: main(includes/currencyVars.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 64

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/currencyVars.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 64

The above list is about 1/4 of the total errors. I get similar, though fewer, errors going to admin. I've completely deleted and reinstalled 4 times, the last two in different folders. I know CC will run on that server because I already have CC installed in another folder (using a different mySQL database). I thought I'd checked all file and folder attributes after the install, and as I mentioned I deleted the install folder. I thought maybe my original path was too long and shortened it up on a later install. It's like the includes folder can't be accessed, but I've checked it's attributes many times. I just can't quite figure this one out. I'm sure it's something simple and a good night's sleep would help, but I don't see it.

Any ideas would be most appreciated...

Guest gwizard

Both of you,

Look at your settings in includes/global.inc.php for the correct paths and mysql settings.

Generally, if you payed someone for install and it's not your hosts fault, then this person should make the cart work or give you refund. Just my professional opinion.

Not to hijack Marline's thread, but I'm having similar problems. I've installed CC a couple of times with no problems at all, but this time is a little different. I CHMOD files and folders as required, there is no problem with the mySQL database connection, and the automatic installation proceeds almost without error. The single error during installation is that none of the graphics show up. I delete the install folder before accessing the store. I'm installing version 3.0.10.

However, when I try to access the store afterward, I get a number of errors starting with the following sample:

Warning: main(includes/sessionStart.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 56

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/sessionStart.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 56

Warning: main(includes/sslSwitch.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 58

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/sslSwitch.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php:56) in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/includes/session.inc.php on line 96

Warning: main(includes/currencyVars.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 64

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/currencyVars.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/j/u/s/justoneoldman/html/kstore/index.php on line 64

The above list is about 1/4 of the total errors. I get similar, though fewer, errors going to admin. I've completely deleted and reinstalled 4 times, the last two in different folders. I know CC will run on that server because I already have CC installed in another folder (using a different mySQL database). I thought I'd checked all file and folder attributes after the install, and as I mentioned I deleted the install folder. I thought maybe my original path was too long and shortened it up on a later install. It's like the includes folder can't be accessed, but I've checked it's attributes many times. I just can't quite figure this one out. I'm sure it's something simple and a good night's sleep would help, but I don't see it.

Any ideas would be most appreciated...

It sounds as if your include path is not set properly. Which could have several causes, I guess. It could be that one of the times that you reinstalled you overwrote includes/global.inc.php with a blank copy. Or perhaps something in there is incorrect. Or maybe you uploaded some or all of your PHP files in binary mode and they are now too scrambled to be read by PHP.

Then again this could be an error or misconfiguration in your PHP installation. You could try setting your PHP includes path in a php.ini file or .htaccess if you're using Apache. You also might ask your host if they can check the path in the server installation.

And lastly I've seen this mentioned as an error that can be fixed by resetting the PHP include path to what it already is. I know it's weird but I've noticed in several places that people mention that adding

ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path'));

to the top of their code fixes this path error. I haven't ever seen the error or investigated it, but it might just be related to a bug in a specific version of PHP on some servers. It wouldn't hurt to try it if everything else checks out.

Guest Brivtech

Both of you,

Look at your settings in includes/global.inc.php for the correct paths and mysql settings.

Generally, if you payed someone for install and it's not your hosts fault, then this person should make the cart work or give you refund. Just my professional opinion.

I agree, you can't offer a service and walk away if it's not right for the customer, or not check if they are happy with it or not.

Marlene, exactly what can't you get working? It seems that it was originally, now something has gone wrong?

Guest JustOneOldMan

@ZAP

Thanks for the advice. Those were some of the things I'd checked, but I went back and checked again. I double check the global.inc file every time and it always contains all the correct information. Everything is ASCII. I'm going to remove everything one more time and reinstall tonight. I know it has to be something I'm overlooking, but if I start with a fresh install I'll feel better. If it doesn't, I'll try including the line you provided in the code snippet.

It does seem really odd that the install in "/store" works fine, and the one in "/kstore" doesn't. They are both same level folders on the same site, and everything seems to be indentical with the exception of the mySQL connection string, login name, and password.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll let you know how it comes out...

Guest marline

@ZAP

Thanks for the advice. Those were some of the things I'd checked, but I went back and checked again. I double check the global.inc file every time and it always contains all the correct information. Everything is ASCII. I'm going to remove everything one more time and reinstall tonight. I know it has to be something I'm overlooking, but if I start with a fresh install I'll feel better. If it doesn't, I'll try including the line you provided in the code snippet.

It does seem really odd that the install in "/store" works fine, and the one in "/kstore" doesn't. They are both same level folders on the same site, and everything seems to be indentical with the exception of the mySQL connection string, login name, and password.

Guest marline

@ZAP

This is Marline:

The person that tried to install has given me a refund, I do not think it was their fault that they could not get cubecart installed! I have searched the net for answers and I see I'm not the only one having problems with yahoo! & MySQL/MyphpAdmin a lot of people can't access there data bases, and instead of "local host" we are to put "mysql" on any databases, but people still can't access there databases doing that either.

I moved from earthlink to yahoo because they offered MySQl & MyPHPadmin but still have had no luck install a shopping cart, I have tried Oscommerce, Cubecart, zencart etc.

I'm just about to throw in the towel and call it quits.

This is Marline:

The person that tried to install has given me a refund, I do not think it was their fault that they could not get cubecart installed! I have searched the net for answers and I see I'm not the only one having problems with yahoo! & MySQL/MyphpAdmin a lot of people can't access there data bases, and instead of "local host" we are to put "mysql" on any databases, but people still can't access there databases doing that either.

I moved from earthlink to yahoo because they offered MySQl & MyPHPadmin but still have had no luck install a shopping cart, I have tried Oscommerce, Cubecart, zencart etc.

If your host can't explain to you how to make mySQL work on their servers then THEY'RE the ones who owe you a refund. It's not rocket science. You can run Apache, PHP, and mySQL on a thumb drive nowadays.

Tell your host to make it work or give you your money back today.

There are plenty of quality web hosts out there. Why waste your time with a lemon? Every time I've put aside my doubts about a host and tried to make things work anyway I've regretted it later when more and more things went wrong.

Guest marline

This is Marline:

If your host can't explain to you how to make mySQL work on their servers then THEY'RE the ones who owe you a refund. It's not rocket science. You can run Apache, PHP, and mySQL on a thumb drive nowadays.

Tell your host to make it work or give you your money back today.

There are plenty of quality web hosts out there. Why waste your time with a lemon? Every time I've put aside my doubts about a host and tried to make things work anyway I've regretted it later when more and more things went wrong.

I have already had to redo my website and I still not done yet, my photos did not survive the move, so I'm half way finished now and dread this happening again, If I have to move again! Yahoo is looking into the problem, but I just can't pickup the phone and call tech on this one, there support for MySQL & MyPHPadmin is by email only, bummer if you ask me!

Guest Brivtech

Is this the place to be arguing about services provided? - It seems there's no actual CubeCart support discussion going on here.