USPS Configuration/Testing Problem

Guest geofflinder

Guest geofflinder

I am trying to configure the USPS shipping module and keep getting this error message when I submit the tests:

USPS::submit_request: curl_exec is uncallable

I have registered at the USPS website, got the email and entered the username and some junk characters in the password field as noted. I have done nothing in the configuration fields for the USPS module and have all the options disabled at the moment.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help here.

• 2 weeks later...

I Have The same problem are you running on a windows server iis5 ???

i did some research on this problem the post i read said it was a server side issue with cURL software not sure how to fix this yet but i will let you know when i do or if you find out what needs to be done let me know too thanks

Larry

www.epc4less.com

Guest Barry Geipel

Same ussue here running Apache2 on Linux

I will research his. but please post any solutions as soon as possible ==

Thanks

Barry

Guest Barry Geipel

Okay, the problem was my PHP installation did not have support for "curl" turned on. I am not sure how to set this up in Windows, but on Linux I recompiled my PHP installation to include curl support using the following config flags:

--with-curl=/usr/lib --with-curlwrappers

I assume you can also load the php libcurl modules using whatever sysadmin tools you have.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

Same ussue here running Apache2 on Linux

I will research his. but please post any solutions as soon as possible ==

Thanks

Barry

On a windows system check your php.ini and make sure the module for loading the curl does not have a ";" in front of it. By deleting the ";" you enable it. Plus make sure your version of php has the curl library in extensions.

PS. make sure all your php.ini are the same. It should then work. If you have anymore problems with this let me know.

Bob