How do i center my entire site??

Guest steveriley

Guest steveriley

Hi all!

I'm having some issues centering my whole site within the webpage, at the moment it is stuck to the left hand side of the screen! I am using the killer skin but i've played around with it a bit.

If you wanna check it out my site is http://www.celebritystyleme.com

Any help would be greatly appriciated!!

Thanks

Steve

Guest steveriley

Hi Ansuk.. i've just changed my resolution to 800x600 and i can still view the site ok, how do you mean?

Shandaman.. what sections of the layout.css file should i edit? i've had a look through that file already but can't see anything to edit

Thanks again for your help both of you!

Guest vrakas

She has a point, when i resize the bottom bar is enabled to scroll left and right :P

read the suggestion: "chage the layout.css file to center for the background and sub surround."

This question was asked a little while ago ...... i cant find it again :cry:

Guest shandaman

The sub surround and background style class. This section here my friend. This is the layout.css file

body {

margin: 5px;

}

#lateProd  { background-position: center; text-align: center; margin-top: 10px; position: relative; height: 160px; float: right }

.lateProdTitle  { background-image: url("../styleImages/backgrounds/lateProdTitleBg.gif"); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: center; text-align: center; margin-top: 10px; width: 140px; height: 30px; overflow: hidden; border: solid 1px #000 }

.lateProdContent  { background-image: url("../styleImages/backgrounds/lateProdContBg.gif"); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: center; text-align: center; margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 5px; width: 140px; height: 100px; border: solid 1px #000 }

#pageSurround {

width: 98%;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 5px;

}

#subSurround {

padding-left: 14px;

}

You need to change that code to this

body {

margin: 5px;

}

#lateProd  { background-position: center; text-align: center; margin-top: 10px; position: relative; height: 160px; float: right }

.lateProdTitle  { background-image: url("../styleImages/backgrounds/lateProdTitleBg.gif"); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: center; text-align: center; margin-top: 10px; width: 140px; height: 30px; overflow: hidden; border: solid 1px #000 }

.lateProdContent  { background-image: url("../styleImages/backgrounds/lateProdContBg.gif"); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: center; text-align: center; margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 5px; width: 140px; height: 100px; border: solid 1px #000 }

#pageSurround {

width: 800px;

position: center;

}

#subSurround {

}

That should work let me know. If it doesnt please post up your layout.css file for us to make the correct change. As this is my layout.css file which works for me.

Guest valencia

Hi Ansuk.. i've just changed my resolution to 800x600 and i can still view the site ok, how do you mean?

I can see it now :P DOnt know what you did but atleast i can see the full site now :cry:

Just a quick check if you guys can see my site well on your different browser screens.

http://www.jamaicastores.com

When i changed layout to 800px, I had to scroll way across to view, so i changed back to percent. What changes do I need to make for best viewing?

Layout:

}

#pageSurround {

width: 100%;

}

#subSurround {

}

In my index.tpl:

<div id="subSurround">

{CATEGORIES}

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="95%" cellpadding="0">

<tr valign="top">

<td width="150">

Any other problems with viewing my site? Suggestions welcome. :cry: Thanks

Guest shandaman

I can see it now :blink: DOnt know what you did but atleast i can see the full site now :cat:

Just a quick check if you guys can see my site well on your different browser screens.

http://www.jamaicastores.com

When i changed layout to 800px, I had to scroll way across to view, so i changed back to percent. What changes do I need to make for best viewing?

Layout:

}

#pageSurround {

width: 100%;

}

#subSurround {

}

In my index.tpl: