When should admin confirmation email send?

Guest nickyg622

Guest nickyg622

Hi,

I am having a situation where the Admin order confirmed email is being sent out before the order is actually completed.

I am using 3.08 with VeriSign Payflow link. When an order goes to the gateway page and then continues to VeriSign, I get an admin confirmation. However, if they don't continue all the way with their credit card information and complete the checkout process, the order doesn't actually happen. The customer's confirmation email comes once they've returned to the confirmation page.

Is this the standard behavior? I have a client who is all excited because she got her first order, only to discover that it wasn't completed.

Thanks!

Guest gwizard

Yes, this is standart behavior.

This is done mainly (I presume) becouse of Print Order Form and similar where there is no confirmation page except the form itself. Tell your client not to trust the admin emails and always check the order view in admin before getting exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, this is standart behavior.

This is done mainly (I presume) becouse of Print Order Form and similar where there is no confirmation page except the form itself. Tell your client not to trust the admin emails and always check the order view in admin before getting exciting.

Perhaps someone would know how to turn these emails off? We are getting one from Paypal anyway.?