Homepage text

Guest allanT

Guest allanT

Hello All,

I feel like I'm going in circles at this point.

The cart is on-line.

I've changed the logo.

Now, I'm trying to change the text in the center box and am running into the greatest difficulty.

On the administrator's page, I click "Homepage".

From there I'm greeted with the following:

Please use the rich text editor below to add or edit site documents in other languages.

Homepage(title)

Language: (english)

Enabled:(yes)

(If this is disabled the default language will be used instead.)

Title: (text)

Now when I go in and change the text that follows "title", only the first line of the homepage box changes. I can't seem to get rid of the following text:

Congratulations. You have successfully installed CubeCart.

This message can be edited using the Rich HTML Text Editor and you can add vibrant content to help sell your products.

Please remember that there is a license fee to pay to remove or edit our copyright notices.

I've read a lot of messages but haven't found what I need. It's been 3 hours... I give.

Assistance would be appreciated.

AllanT

Guest walmarc

Welcome Allan

If you have a look at the pinned "Most Common problems" thread you'll find:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....t=0entry59190

basically says you need to CHMOD the language/en/home.inc.php file to 777, edit the text via admin, then CHMOD it back to 644.

Also try the "Search" function and you'll find many posts on the subject. The search engine is far from perfect and I find it helps if you use just one word e.g. "homepage".

Cheers

:)

p.s. the most common problems thread is here:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=12352

Guest allanT

I must have a learning deficiency!!

I've been able to CHMOD the language/en/home.inc.php file to 777. Then at the admin page I find I still have no access to the box I want to change. I have access to the Title line in that center box but have no access o the caption that appears under the Title. In the Documents/Homepage section of the administrative panel there is a reference to a HTML Editor "below". But below the title input box there is nothing. Is something missing??

Guest walmarc

BTW, is home.inc.php.bak supposed to be in the language/en folder?

Sounds to me that the rich text editor didn't install properly. Upload the whole includes/rte folder again. While you're about it, delete home.inc.php and home.inc.php.bak(don't think it should be there unless you backed it up?) and upload home.inc.php again. Then see if you can view the standard CubeCart homepage text again and see the rich text editor in admin/homepage. If you can, copy and paste the new homepage text (you can use an html editor or even word to format it) and paste it over the standard homepage text (depending on your browser you may need to ctrl+v to paste).

THEN chmod home.inc.php to 777, quickly update the homepage by clicking the update button in admin and CHMOD the file straight back to 644. If you can't see the homepage standard text and the rich text editor, you may have been hacked (I'm thinking about that .bak file - although it would have been a very considerate and tidy hacker to do a backup before changing something), then a clean install may be the only way. :)

Guest allanT

In the end, the difficulty had nothing to do with CC, instead it was my browser that wasn't recognizing the editor. Downloaded a clean version of Firefox and everything works fine. Thanks or all your help!!!

Allan