Valid images unavailable when called on SSL pages

Guest trulylowcarb

Guest trulylowcarb

I can't seem to make my images (logo and box background strips) display on my SSL pages. They just show as the dreaded red x placeholder. Checking their properties shows that they are being called correctly (including the httpS://). When I then paste the image tag I am shown in a new browser window, it pops right up, but not in my cart.... I have searched till my eyes won't fcus anymore and can't seem to figure this one out ... help, please!

Oh: FYI: Upgraded to 3.10 from 3.08, still have same problem. I have a dedicated IP address with a private high assurance cert installed. THAT image (the site seal) shows up just fine.

Thanks in advance for some guidance :w00t:

Guest trulylowcarb

I am still working on this one, with no good results. Here is a screenshot to illustrate the problem. I hope someone will try to help, this is making me crazy(er) :w00t:

Guest trulylowcarb

I also can only view the store offline when SSL is turned off. I have read of that problem from a few others here, but didn't see a solution ... perhaps these two issues are related.

Guest walmarc

I also can only view the store offline when SSL is turned off. I have read of that problem from a few others here, but didn't see a solution ... perhaps these two issues are related.

Hi trulylowcarb

Just a question:

Is your store in a directory or a subdomain? I had all sorts of probs with SSL and a subdomain - I believe you need a wildcard certificate for this to work properly.

Have you checked and double checked your admin SSL settings? Perhaps you could post a facsimile of your settings, with identifying info edited, so that others can advise.

Regards

Walmarc :D

Guest trulylowcarb

I have quadrupled checked them - and then some! LOL

I have the cart installed in in subdirectory: /shop

SSL setting are

root directory: /shop/

secure URL: https://www.mydomain.com/shop

path to secure directory: /home/username/public_html/shop

Eveyrthing works hunky dory until I turn on the SSL. I thought perhaps my cosmetic tweaking was responsible for the errors so I went back to a stock skin and the only improvement was that the background images didn't disappear - my product images still turned into placeholders and top logo disappeared altogether, the same way the background cat also strips do, in the skin I customized, which is actually legend, not Classic (sorry 'bout that misinfo before...)

Appeciate any light anyone can shed. I downloaed/uploaded the edit config tool yesterday but it isn't needed in my case, that I can see. The store accepts setting changes, just doesn't apply this one correctly.

Guest walmarc

I have quadrupled checked them - and then some! LOL

Hmmm - they look fine (the same as mine in fact except mine works). You aren't accessing your images off-site are you? I'd guess not but that's the only thing I can think of :)

Guest trulylowcarb

No, they are all properly located in the secure shop directory, the broken product images tags shown call for, for instance, https://www.site.com/shop/automatedu pload address.gif.

Both that URL and the same URL with the s removed from the prefix will display working images when called in a separate browser window, or from a regular shopping page, but all show up as unavailable on the SSL pages. Adn those pesky cat strips just plain disappear, which is SO bizarre! (now I am repeating myself, LOL, eunf already!)

I did submit a support ticket, finally, butI am still anxious for any help anyone here might be able to lend me so I can get on with other things already.

Thx again

Guest trulylowcarb

Wanted to update this thread in case someone has this come up in future. Had to pull in Cubecart support here and then my webhost as well. Giant kudos to the support team here (and my host too, F5 hosting).

There was in fact an issue with my server that resolved this.

In technobabble, the solution goes like this:

"needed to add a line to your leech protection in .htaccess to allow https connections to images"

So,you are having a problem displaying images on SSL pages, I suggest you contact your webhost.