Transfering CC to another SERVER/HOST??

Okay, I have a host which I am leaving and have my store fully up and running on. Is there a way to transfer my store without losing everything I did to it, including mods, products, etc.???

If there is, can someone tell me how to do it?? Do I just download everything and reupload it to the new server??

I need help ASAP as I need to be off my server in a week!!!! Thanks!!

Okay, I have a host which I am leaving and have my store fully up and running on. Is there a way to transfer my store without losing everything I did to it, including mods, products, etc.???

If there is, can someone tell me how to do it?? Do I just download everything and reupload it to the new server??

I need help ASAP as I need to be off my server in a week!!!! Thanks!!

Think of CC as an automobile. You have moved the body, the chassis and all the interior goodies (radio, seats, etc.)

Now you have to move the engine (the database). There are articles here in the forum on how to do that. Use search and they should come up. Don't be intimidated. It's not rocket science.

Pay special attention to the instructions on how to make a back up and restore of a Db. Doing that before you try to move the Db will let you go to sleep tonight.

Good luck!