Fresh install of CC3 - BIG TROUBLE 500 Internal Server errors

oK.. well, my previous server had no problems at all with CC3...

I recently moved to dreamhost hosting and am having problems....

All I did was upload the files to the server... and when I went to try and install it... I am getting all kinds of crazy errors in my error log. The screen displays the 500 Internal Server Error message...

in my log it says something like

Premature end of script headers: /dh/cgi-system/php.cgi

File does not exist /home/outwardjourney/outwardjourney.net/internal_error.html

Soo... I am thinking ok i screwed up and was thinking about it for a second and when I tried going to my forum vBulletin forum running PHP scripts, the same thing happened with both my forums.

Now, I know everyone's going to shoot out delete the _htaccess file... well, there is NO htaccess file anywhere to be found in the root directories...

What do I do?? I've contacted support on my server to see if it's something on their end, but they have not replied yet. Is there something else I can check??

• 2 weeks later...

Guest niko18

I also have Dreamhost and i run about 20 phpbb forums and a cubecart installation and they are fine with me. Did you make sure your global file is still pointing to the right database?

I also have Dreamhost and i run about 20 phpbb forums and a cubecart installation and they are fine with me. Did you make sure your global file is still pointing to the right database?

Yes, it turned out that Dreamhost installed a corrupt PHP script or service or something on my server/host account. They were able to get it fixed and it installed like a charm! :whistle: I was freaking out because none of my php stuff was working, I thought I had screwed my whole databases up! lol