3.0.9 won't download

Guest bluegrassdigital

Guest bluegrassdigital

Trying to download 3.0.9 so I can go from 3.0.8 to 3.0.10 and it creates a file of 0 length. I've tried opening the file instead of saving it and the zip file is 0 length and blank. Is there a problem with this file on this host? I can download 3.0.10 fine. Thanks

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello bluegrassdigital,

I thought that our downloads issue had been resolved on Wednesday night. Can I suggest perhaps using 3.0.10 which is the latest stable release, which is the best version to use at this time.

We shall look into the 3.0.9 download issue.

Guest walmarc

Hello bluegrassdigital,

I thought that our downloads issue had been resolved on Wednesday night. Can I suggest perhaps using 3.0.10 which is the latest stable release, which is the best version to use at this time.

This makes sense - you don't really need 3.0.9. Just use the 3.0.10 files that changed in the 3.0.9 version. There is a post here http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....indpost&p=85529

that may help you upgrade. :wacko:

Guest bluegrassdigital

Hello bluegrassdigital,

This makes sense - you don't really need 3.0.9. Just use the 3.0.10 files that changed in the 3.0.9 version. There is a post here http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....indpost&p=85529

that may help you upgrade. :rolleyes:

I was intending to go from 3.0.8 to 3.0.10. Unfortunately, if you read the link you posted, you need 3.0.9 to go to 3.0.9 from the .08 release then to 3.0.10. I'm well aware how to upgrade and based upon the instructions, you need 3.0.9 first.

Guest EverythingWeb

Yes, we are aware of the current download problem, and will work to a resolution on it as fast as humanly possible, but it is a Public Holiday at this time so naturally, support is reduced.

Like has been mentioned, 3.0.10 is the latest release, and I have never (personally) had any problems jumping upgrades!

Guest bluegrassdigital

Yes, we are aware of the current download problem, and will work to a resolution on it as fast as humanly possible, but it is a Public Holiday at this time so naturally, support is reduced.

Like has been mentioned, 3.0.10 is the latest release, and I have never (personally) had any problems jumping upgrades!

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Guest walmarc

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Hi bluegrassdigital - what I meant in my above post was that the 3.0.9 files mentioned in my 3.0.8 to 3.0.10 upgrade post are actually the same ones included in 3.0.10. So if you upload the 3.0.10 files from the 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 upgrade text file I posted it will be the same as if you'd used 3.0.9 files. Then just upload the 3.0.9 to 3.0.10 changed files included in the link I posted. What I'm trying to say is that none of the 3.0.9 upgrade files are duplicated in the 3.0.10 upgrade so there shouldn't be a conflict using the files from 3.0.10.

Confused? I sure as hell am :D:D :rolleyes:

Let me try to simplify the upgrade process a bit. The ONLY time you HAVE to do certain upgrades is when there are database changes. You can actually go from 3.0.1 to 3.0.10 by simply making all the database changes necessary in 3.0.2, 3.0.3, 3.0.4, 3.0.5 and 3.0.6 then uploading the 3.0.10 files. There are no database changes from 3.0.6 thru 3.0.10. So only file changes need to be made, not database changes.

Now, would I recommend that extreme a thing to a newbie? No. But it will work.

Hope that helps somebody. :D

:rolleyes:

Guest bluegrassdigital

Thanks for the info. I actually did what you said and had no problems. After thinking about it for a little while, I realized that I could just use the 3.0.10 files. Worked perfectly. Love the cart too.