Totally screwed it up 3.0.2 to 3.0.10

Guest leshall

Guest leshall

Don;t know what i was thinking...

I downloaded existing (wroking) site and saved all folders.

Also backed up (I think) databse using MySQL

Tried upgrade but got error.

Panicked

Foolishly ran the install procedure and when it came to the database bit I inputted all the info from the previous isntall and unchecked something like "Create new files" i forget...

Now have a perfectly lovely vanilla install with, of course, none of the old store.

|) weak pathetic smile

What to do?

Les

Guest leshall

Sounds like you may be able to do a fresh install, upload all your images, go into phpMyAdmin and drop all the tables and import your saved database. If you need help in this give a holler.

What does 'drop all the tables' mean?

thanks for the help - Les

Dropping tables means deleting your existing tables but leave the database. You cannot import a new database table structure into an existing one. In other words if you have a table called CuceCart_config you have to 'drop' it before importing another one of the same name.

Guest gwizard

I have recently moved host and had 3 carts to move.

All I did was:

1. Backup all files.

2. Backup DB.

3. Put files in the new host.

4. Imports the DB to new host.

Same is with upgrades (when you don't have many mods), only you need to:

1. Copy all files except global.inc.php and install dir from the zip of 3.0.10 to the host.

2. If there are db changes, run the attached script from install file.

That's it.

No need to install all over again.

Guest Dealerandy

I have asked this question before but I did not receive a reply. Can I upgrade straight from 3.02 to 3.10 or do I have to do each in turn .03, then .04 then .05 etc.

OR from what I can gather All I really need to do is dump the DB and download the entire site (which I have done) I can then do a fresh install of the most upto date version and import all the data back in.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I really need to know as I have been putting off upgrading as I am scared of loosing all my data. But feel I really should to get the full benefits.

Thank you

With each version there is upgrade information included to go from one version to the next. All you need to do it run each database upgrade script in turn to take it from one version to the next. You then only have to upload the latest set of files.

As long as you followed the upgrade scripts from your version, you'll be fine. I'm sure a moderator will confirm this.

Don't forget your database and file backup.

Guest Dealerandy

Thanks for that. However when I try to run the upgrade script I get this error.

MySQL Error Occured

1050: Table 'CubeCart_cats_lang' already exists

QUERY = CREATE TABLE `CubeCart_cats_lang` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `cat_master_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `cat_lang` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', `cat_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', KEY `id` (`id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

I am doing the 1st one .02 to .03.

What do I need to do? :(