Product Configuration

Guest jastylr

Guest jastylr

Hi all,

I'm a new poster to this forum and I'd like to start by saying that I've finally found a usable cart that has many options but is easy to customize and has a great community assoicated with it. I'm working on my first design using CubeCart 3.0.10. It's in the early stages but you can see it at http://therecordshopsj.faultlinemedia.com/index.php. Any comments/criticisms would be appreciated.

I had a question regarding product configuration options. I have a customer who sells products such as light bars to local police that can be custom configured by the customer. When the customer purchases a light bar, they can specify the color for each individual lamp within the bar (RED, GREEN, BLUE, AMBER or CLEAR). An example can be found at http://www.sirennet.com/9m8strobe.html. You'll notice that they used multiple dropdown lists to choose the options and used some JavaScript to manipulate the screen.

They aren't necessarily product options, at least not in the sense that they are add-ons with different pricing. The price remains the same.

How is the best way to go about adding this kind of functionality within CubeCart? I just need a way to specify the customer's choices and display them when adding the product to the cart.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Guest jastylr

I'm sorry I can't help you just wanted to say that your site looks great! =)

Thanks SaraW, I appreciate the feedback.

Does anyone have an idea about my original question? I suppose I could add a new field to the product table that would store some string that I could generate with JavaScript on the product page. The problem is that this field would only apply to a select number of products in the store.

I just need a way to state in the order that lamp L1=Blue, L2=Amber, R1=Red and so on.

Any ideas???