USPS::submit_request: curl_exec is uncallable

Guest airswoosh1

Guest airswoosh1

I had previously setup the use of the USPS shipping system, and it was working perfectly. My webhost recently moved to a new server and in the move something happened to my store, so I had to re-install it and setup everything. When I try to submit a USPS test to setup the system, I get this error:

USPS::submit_request: curl_exec is uncallable

What does it mean? Everything that needs to be inputed has been, i.e. username, random password, etc. Anyone know what to do?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Netzarim

I, too, am having this issue.... I have examined my php.ini file and find noreference to curl, so I went to the modules section and added the line extension=curl.so, but then I look and there is no curl.so on my system, but there is a libcurl.so...

Which is needed? Or do I need to get the source for curl, and compile it... */*

Guest TrueCHoJiN

OK, since no one seems willing just to search for the phrase "curl_exec is uncallable" to get the answer that I posted in this thread here. I am just going to go through the CC forum and manually answer every "curl_exec is uncallable" post myself then.

When you get the USPS::submit_request: curl_exec is uncallable error using the USPS module in CubeCart 3.x.x, it means that your web server does not have the PHP curl extension loaded. The curl extension is free, and if you want more information about it go here. Anyway, the EASIEST way to solve this error if you run your own web server, i.e. Apache, IIS, etc. Is to download the newest version of PHP here (latest version of PHP as of this post is 5.1.4, 04 May 2006) All PHP 5.x.x downloads (that I know of) come with the curl library packageed in with it. All you have to do is uncomment one line from your php.ini file to get the curl library working.

Here is a snapshot of my php.ini file: (PHP 5.x.x)

; Windows Extensions

; Note that ODBC support is built in, so no dll is needed for it.

; Note that many DLL files are located in the extensions/ (PHP 4) ext/ (PHP 5)

; extension folders as well as the separate PECL DLL download (PHP 5).

; Be sure to appropriately set the extension_dir directive.

;extension=php_bz2.dll

;extension=php_bz2_filter.dll

;extension=php_classkit.dll

;extension=php_cpdf.dll

;extension=php_crack.dll

extension=php_curl.dll

;extension=php_cvsclient.dll

;extension=php_db.dll

;extension=php_dba.dll

It's pretty obvious which line needs to be uncommented...

;extension=php_curl.dll >>> extension=php_curl.dll

I'm running Apache (2.2.3), MySQL (5.0.24a), PHP (4.4.4 and 5.1.6), OpenSSL (0.9.8c), Windows (2000 SP4) and CubeCart (3.0.12)

If you do not run your own web server, then you have to ask your web host provider to load the curl library.

*UPDATE (09/14/2006) I will thrown Red Hat on some computer around here in the next couple weeks so that I can maybe put up a fix for Linux and not just windows :rolly:

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem and still get the error message even the curl library enabled (see below)

Configure Command '../configure' '--with-pear' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--enable-debug=no' '--enable-safe-mode=no' '--enable-discard-path=no' '--with-gd=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr/lib' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-db' '--with-gdbm' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-ttf=/usr/' '--enable-ftp' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-wddx' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/src/kundenserver/jpeg-6b' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-gd-imgstrttf' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-mhash' '--with-mhash=/usr/src/kundenserver/mhash-0.8.9/' '--with-openssl' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--with-imap' '--with-curl' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/include/freetype2' '--with-bz2' '--with-gettext' '--enable-exif' '--with-idn' '--enable-mbstring=all'

I changed class.usps.php with $USPSURL = "http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll"; too but USPS shipping configuration still can't be enabled.

Please help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jamsoft

Thats great if you are running windows, what about Linux, Redhat specifically?

You know, I just encountered this SAME situation.

Seems my test server had the error, so I did some research. PHP was not compiled with libcurl enabled. So I went and downloaded libcurl (from the curl website). I could only find it in RPM format (which I hate, btw).

I tried to install it, but it will only work with certain versions of OpenSSL and Libcrypt shared objects. So off I go again, getting a new version of Open SSL. I build it, but to my surprise, no shared objects. More reading tells me I need to run my ./Configure with a shared-object flag to create the .SO libraries.

So configuring I go, and built it with the shared objects. Everything is fine until I try to install the RPM again. Now I have 1 version TOO NEW of open SSL, and it will still not let me install libcrypt.

So I threw my hands in the air and moved the site to my live hosting account, and Im working on it online rather in test.

Hope this process helps a little, and that you have better luck than I.

• 2 months later...
Guest dawnsdiapers

Is it possible to have the module disregard the testing portion in some way? I will ask my host to enable it, but in the meantime I need to be able to do something.

I'm already on the production server and it works as I have a USPS account running on another live cart on the same host and it works perfectly, BUT I like cube cart better, and want to switch over at the start of the new year.