View Store Offline

Guest shereen

Guest shereen

hi, there. correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding is that an administrator can view the store when it's offline if "yes" is chosen on the "general settings" page; however, i can't seem to view the store when it's offline. is there a trick to it...?...

--s--

Guest shereen

ahhhhh, thanx! much for your clarification. :huh: i'll approach my hosting company and see if i get anywhere.

--s--

Guest degsey69

Shereen if you set in admin view the store when its off line you will see it if you click Store Home in your admin area. You can still view from that link but nobody else can. ;)

Guest shereen

Shereen if you set in admin view the store when its off line you will see it if you click Store Home in your admin area. You can still view from that link but nobody else can. ;)

no, actually i can't. in fact, that's how i knew i couldn't view the store offline: when i clicked on "store home" on the admin page, all i saw was the offline message/page that i had designed myself.

oh, well...

There may be a bug involved. I normally can see an offline store while logged in as Admin by clicking on that Store link - but a recent installation of 3.0.10 encounters the same problem of returning the "offline" page.

But a "double log in" solves the rpoblem. If I edit the URL on that "offline" page back to the login prompt (even though I am already logged in) so it reads domainname.com/admin - and log in again - I am returned to the admin page and this time I can click on Store and it opens.

Why? I have no idea. Bug? Anyone here know? This is on the same shared server that hosts other CC stores that do not have the problem.

no, actually i can't. in fact, that's how i knew i couldn't view the store offline: when i clicked on "store home" on the admin page, all i saw was the offline message/page that i had designed myself.

oh, well...

Guest merlin180

I too am getting this again (it seems to be intermittent) - Clearing my browser cache/history/cookies seemed to initially solve the problem but now it doesn't help ;)

P.S. trying the "double login" trick mentioned earlier doesn't seem to work for me.

CC V3.0.10

Guest shereen

well, here's another question for all:

are you using SSL for your website? if so, are you getting this problem of not being able to view store offline?

are you NOT using SSL for your website? if not, then are you getting this problem?

...either way, perhaps ansuk is right in that it's a hosting problem.

i can't check the double log-in trick b/c i really screwed things up at my end ;) and i no longer have access to my admin page (the page is all screwed up and i can't see the controls). yesterday evening and throughout the entire night it was rough, but good news is that my disappeared website is now no longer disappeared. (...don't ask...)

so, once i get back to the admin controls i'll try the double log-in and see if that works for me or not.

--s--

Guest merlin180

are you NOT using SSL for your website? if not, then are you getting this problem?

That's my situation

...either way, perhaps ansuk is right in that it's a hosting problem.

If that were the case, I wouldn't expect the problem to be intermittent (as it is for me)

Ansuk - What is it about your host you think is causing the problem ?

Guest netrix

I'm receiving the same sporatic results as merlin180. Sometimes when I click "store home" it works great and other times no matter what I do it wont show anything but offLine.php. The double login trick didn't seem to do anything for me.