can i install cubecart on my home pc????

hi all smile.gif

after some dileberation (where did that word come from) ive decided to try and install cubecart on my own pc and make some free skins and comercial ones (think its about time i licenced my cubecart) so ill also need some info on how to do this so i dont have to keep uploading files to a folder just a refreash if thats possible

just worndering how you go about doing this is there a step by step guide to it please if so where is it ive tried looking on the forums but can only find one that makes referances to a computer that isnt connected to the internet mine is all the time so any help would be great please?

hi all smile.gif

after some dileberation (where did that word come from) ive decided to try and install cubecart on my own pc and make some free skins and comercial ones (think its about time i licenced my cubecart) so ill also need some info on how to do this so i dont have to keep uploading files to a folder just a refreash if thats possible

just worndering how you go about doing this is there a step by step guide to it please if so where is it ive tried looking on the forums but can only find one that makes referances to a computer that isnt connected to the internet mine is all the time so any help would be great please?

Hi,

the following thread may be usefull:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....l=local+install

The thread refers to XAMPP which is a nice & easy way of getting Apache (webserver), PHP (scripting langauage) and mySQL (database) installed.

Once its running, you should be able to either FTP to 127.0.0.1 (your local machine), or simply copy files to the correct directory.

I can't confess to having tried this, but if you get stuck I'll try and get it running here.

Good luck!

Jason

hi all smile.gif

Hi,

The thread refers to XAMPP which is a nice & easy way of getting Apache (webserver), PHP (scripting langauage) and mySQL (database) installed.

Once its running, you should be able to either FTP to 127.0.0.1 (your local machine), or simply copy files to the correct directory.

I can't confess to having tried this, but if you get stuck I'll try and get it running here.

Good luck!

Jason

hi jason not really helpful m8 didnt tell me how to install it ;)

hi all smile.gif

Hi,

Good luck!

Jason

hi jason not really helpful m8 didnt tell me how to install it ;)

Hi,

I'll download the XAMPP package and try and get it running locally here.

Its a 26MB download, so I won't be able to touch it until tomorrow at the earliest as its getting late here.

Cheers,

Jason

hi all smile.gif

There is a step by step guide. What you need to do is create a standalone server on a drive.

While I wrote it to put a CC on a thumb drive, the same steps work for desktop, laptop or any drive.

Do a search on "thumb" or "MSAS" (MAmbo Stand Alone Server). A later edit adds Joomla as an alternative SAS.

Guest doggoneglamorous

I actually did this to test out Cube Cart. I used Uniform Server (http://www.uniformserver.com/) This program runs Apache, MySQL, PHP, and other tools. When it's running, it maps the server to your "W" drive, and uploading consists of copy files to that drive. It's made for local web servers, so it's locked down from network access - but this can be changed if you want to.

The manual on the site is pretty good, but reply back if you have any questions.

• 3 months later...
Guest SimplyBea

Can someone PLEASE help me understand how to get started???

I have xampp - but am terrified of even touching it because I just can't understand it....... and hmmmm in plain simple English (non techie please) can someone please tell me what joomla is about???

thanks

:unsure: Bea

Can someone PLEASE help me understand how to get started???

I have xampp - but am terrified of even touching it because I just can't understand it....... and hmmmm in plain simple English (non techie please) can someone please tell me what joomla is about???

thanks

:unsure: Bea

Have you read my tutorial on installing CC on a thumb drive (which is the same as putting it on your desktop)? My tutorial is so step-by-step and simple that even I understand it.

See above on how to find it.

Guest SimplyBea

Have you read my tutorial on installing CC on a thumb drive (which is the same as putting it on your desktop)? My tutorial is so step-by-step and simple that even I understand it.

See above on how to find it.

Jerseyjoe

Yes - I did read your tutorial and it was on Mambo (then a revision later with joomla) but is xampp kinda like mambo/joomla? It is HUGE isn't it?

I'll read it again and see if I get it........ sorry, am pretty much impaired at installations...... always seem to make the most "doh" like stuff happen.........

:)

Bea

Guest Brivtech

I'm interested in doing this, so if you can wait about a week, I'll create a step-by-step guide explaining exactly what to do in er, steps!

That way, even if you don't know much about computing, so long as you follow the steps to the letter, you'll achieve the result. :D

Guest SimplyBea

I'm interested in doing this, so if you can wait about a week, I'll create a step-by-step guide explaining exactly what to do in er, steps!

That way, even if you don't know much about computing, so long as you follow the steps to the letter, you'll achieve the result. :(

That sounds excellent........ I am not a techie and would just absolutely love to have something which is simple and written in non-techie lingo....... :)

Looking forward to it.... have subscribed to this thread........

cheers

Bea

Guest vrakas

I must say that a long time ago i made a usb stick 128Mb as a server following EXACTLY the instructions and is still working :(

Give that a try, maybe it will serve its purpose.

The only problem i have is little space since i have skins that i show to the clients :)