Stuck on Step 4 - WINDOWS Server (GoDaddy)

Guest QualDes Studios

Guest QualDes Studios

Let me start this off with a few notes:

1) I'm not an idiot. I know what CHMODs and permissions are and how to change them. Please don't just reply with "Change the CHMOD to 777 then change back to 644". I know about that.

Okay. On step 4 of the CubeCart installation, I receive a message that says:

Please make sure the following file permissions are set back correctly:

File / Folder - Current Permission - Required Permission

includes/global.inc.php - n/a - n/a

My server is Windows-based, so why in God's name am I receiving this permissions error? There is no permission setting that is required (hence why it says Not Applicable), so what do I do to fix this problem? I need to get this cart up TONIGHT for my store. I don't have time to mess around with these types of bugs!..

All help is appreciated. Thanks!

Have you set your paths in includes/global.inc? And although you know about all that CHMOD stuff you'll still need admin permissions for the global.inc file so are you installing as admin.

If so please post the file. You can x out the password stuff.

Guest QualDes Studios

Have you set your paths in includes/global.inc? And although you know about all that CHMOD stuff you'll still need admin permissions for the global.inc file so are you installing as admin.

If so please post the file. You can x out the password stuff.

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = '*****';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'mysql123.secureserver.net';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '*****';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '*****';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = 'd:\hosting\*****\shop';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/shop/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.dragonxpc.com/shop';

?>

This is hosted on GoDaddy.com. I copied the SQL information from "Databases > MySQL > (settings on the database I created)" in the GoDaddy hosting control panel.

Thanks so far. I'll keep trying.

Guest QualDes Studios

There have been many GoDaddy problems in the past. I doubt this is a CC bug. Have you checked with them?

I'm actually not the owner of this particular GoDaddy account. I am setting up a website for somebody else and have access to their account. Since I do not have the sales PIN and credit card numbers to tell GoDaddy Support, they refuse to assist me in any problems related to their services. I told them it was a basic question about their plan but they still refused to assist me in any way.

Guest Brenty

The windows hosting is the problem!

From my experience, Windows hosting is better suited to ASP and Frontpage applications, whereas the Linux hosting is better for PHP/SQL. That's why they offer the choice, and this is explained when you puchase hosting from them if you read the hosting plan content.

Windows: ASP

Linux: PHP4 or PHP5, Custom PHP.ini, Custom PHP5.ini

It's isn't anyone's fault, not Godaddy, nor CubeCart. it's simply a case where the wrong type of hosting is being used for an application that requires something else due to an uneducated choice, or failure to correctly project the requirements of the hosting plan.

Don't panic, if you have access to the Administration Control Panel in GoDaddy, you should be able to change the hosting plan. If not, give your client a poke with a sharp stick and get them to contact GoDaddy with this information so the change can be made.

You may loose a day for their servers to re-configure.

Another thing I noticed is: $glob['rootDir'] = 'd:\hosting\*****\shop';

How can your store root directory be on your own computer? Are you sure this is correct?

Guest QualDes Studios

The windows hosting is the problem!

From my experience, Windows hosting is better suited to ASP and Frontpage applications, whereas the Linux hosting is better for PHP/SQL. That's why they offer the choice, and this is explained when you puchase hosting from them if you read the hosting plan content.

Windows: ASP

Linux: PHP4 or PHP5, Custom PHP.ini, Custom PHP5.ini

It's isn't anyone's fault, not Godaddy, nor CubeCart. it's simply a case where the wrong type of hosting is being used for an application that requires something else due to an uneducated choice, or failure to correctly project the requirements of the hosting plan.

Don't panic, if you have access to the Administration Control Panel in GoDaddy, you should be able to change the hosting plan. If not, give your client a poke with a sharp stick and get them to contact GoDaddy with this information so the change can be made.

You may loose a day for their servers to re-configure.

Another thing I noticed is: $glob['rootDir'] = 'd:\hosting\*****\shop';

How can your store root directory be on your own computer? Are you sure this is correct?

Thank you very much for the help. I got the server switched to a Linux-based, so hopefully it will work now. I'm going to go give it a try.

And as for the rootDir, that is what was there by default in the installation procedure. It told me to not change anything if I was unsure of the information. Thus it stayed. What should it be?

I had a similar problem with a windows server.

Turns out it runs perfectly well on windows but you have to alter the php.ini file if you have access to it.

I had to change the location of the temporary directory in the php.ini file from ./ to c:\windows\temp

If the host doesn't let you modify the php.ini file then you'll need a host that does. I'm a reseller and so have access to mine.

$glob['rootDir'] = 'd:\hosting\*****\shop'

Would probably be correct for a windows host absolute directory.

Guest Brivtech

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/content/B/r/i/username/html/CubeCart';

With the username normally being your FTP access username, and CubeCart being an install folder (You can leave that out if you install into the root, or change it to something else).

This is the case for Linux hosting. As far as Windows goes, perhaps what you had was right, but I wouldn't know, as I usually steer well clear of it.

Guest QualDes Studios

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/content/B/r/i/username/html/CubeCart';

With the username normally being your FTP access username, and CubeCart being an install folder (You can leave that out if you install into the root, or change it to something else).

This is the case for Linux hosting. As far as Windows goes, perhaps what you had was right, but I wouldn't know, as I usually steer well clear of it.

Everything worked perfectly fine once I switched to a Linux-based server. The installation went through flawlessly and the shop is now under construction :D

Thanks much,

QualDes

Guest Brivtech

Everything worked perfectly fine once I switched to a Linux-based server. The installation went through flawlessly and the shop is now under construction <_<

Thanks much,

QualDes

No problems. Glad to have helped. :D