border: 1px solid #5C84CE;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/contentBg.jpg);

background-repeat: repeat-x;

background-position: bottom;

}

Remove red marked.

I did what you said, and it looks fine initially:

cc19hs.jpg

but as soon as I scroll down, or open another window on the browser and then go back to the site, the border breaks apart in the middle and reapears at the bottom:

cc25kr.jpg

cc32yt.jpg

Guest vrakas

The images you are looking for are all found in style and layout.css files.

Right click on the background then save as, this will give you the chance to see the file you are looking for.

Search and find it in the 2 files mentioned above and remove it :D

Have a look at the pinned posts and the .org forum as you will find tutorials on how to configure CC layout.

Guest abt123

The images you are looking for are all found in style and layout.css files.

Right click on the background then save as, this will give you the chance to see the file you are looking for.

Search and find it in the 2 files mentioned above and remove it :D

Have a look at the pinned posts and the .org forum as you will find tutorials on how to configure CC layout.

I did not find the pinned posts you are refering to. The image I need to remove is pageBg.jpg which is found in layout.css:

body {

margin: 5px;

background-color: #000013;

background-attachment: fixed;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/pageBg.jpg);

background-position: top;

Can you please tell me if I need to remove anything else beside the code marked in red?

NO, you do not. You have admitted that this removed the background image. It would have to, as that is the code that calls it.

The broken border is totally unrelated to that code and to your background issue in general. The broken border is due to a rendering problem with the crap browser Internet Explorer. Check the site in FireFox or Netscape and the border will be fine.

If you would like to research ways to work around the IE rendering problem, do a forum search for

"peekaboo bug"

and/or a google search for "IE peekaboo bug"

Guest abt123

NO, you do not. You have admitted that this removed the background image. It would have to, as that is the code that calls it.

The broken border is totally unrelated to that code and to your background issue in general. The broken border is due to a rendering problem with the crap browser Internet Explorer. Check the site in FireFox or Netscape and the border will be fine.

If you would like to research ways to work around the IE rendering problem, do a forum search for

"peekaboo bug"

and/or a google search for "IE peekaboo bug"

I have successfully removed both background images. However, I have not found any information that shows me how to fix the problem of the broken borders. This problem appeared after the background image was removed. I'm using version 3.0.8. Would an update fix this issue? Has anyone encountered this problem after removing the background image?

abt123, which browsers are exhibiting this issue? Looking only at your images, with no live URL, this appears to be an IE rendering problem, which is common. I have seen dozens of similar issues with broken borders, all to do with the IE rendering problem known as peekaboo issue.

It is also common to have disappearing titles and sometimes images due to this issue. It is not always easily fixed, and most often caused by the float property in the element or in a neighboring element. The workaround I generally use is to add a "position: relative;" in the stylesheet - but you have to determine where to add this to have the proper effect.

The most common cases occur with the .boxContent border; I have seen it on the .pageSurround before, but haven't had occasion to work on that problem area.

Have you looked at this in many browsers? Which browser do you use? Can you post a URL to the site so that we may see this?

A further note - Are you planning to add another background image? If not, and you are simply using colors, the rest of the code dealing with positioning that image may also be removed:

body {

background-attachment: fixed;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/pageBg.jpg);

background-position: top;

as there is no longer an image to be "fixed," to "repeat" or to be positioned at the top ;)

Guest abt123

I'm Using IE6. My site is: www.furniturebasket.com

I just edited layout.css for "body" and "#subSurround" this way:

body {

}

#pageSurround {

width: 748px;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 5px;

border: 1px solid #000000;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

}

#subSurround {

border: 1px solid #5C84CE;

}

But I don't understand how a background image removal could have triggered this bug to appear.