USPS::submit_request: curl_exec is uncallable

my usps does not work, it is still red and not communicating. After talking with usps, they said that I am not in testing mode, and my account is working. However, the red icon still shows, its enabled, it doesn't pull down as an option in shipping anything from the cart, so I'm stuck. Is it a permission thing, something i need to change on a line in a file somewhere? help please

• 3 weeks later...

Guest TrueCHoJiN

When you get the USPS::submit_request: curl_exec is uncallable error using the USPS module in CubeCart 3.x.x, it means that your web server does not have the PHP curl extension loaded. The curl extension is free, and if you want more information about it go here. Anyway, the EASIEST way to solve this error if you run your own web server, i.e. Apache, IIS, etc. Is to download the newest version of PHP here (latest version of PHP as of this post is 5.1.4, 04 May 2006) All PHP 5.x.x downloads (that I know of) come with the curl library packageed in with it. All you have to do is uncomment one line from your php.ini file to get the curl library working.

Here is a snapshot of my php.ini file: (PHP 5.x.x)

; Windows Extensions

; Note that ODBC support is built in, so no dll is needed for it.

; Note that many DLL files are located in the extensions/ (PHP 4) ext/ (PHP 5)

; extension folders as well as the separate PECL DLL download (PHP 5).

; Be sure to appropriately set the extension_dir directive.

;extension=php_bz2.dll

;extension=php_bz2_filter.dll

;extension=php_classkit.dll

;extension=php_cpdf.dll

;extension=php_crack.dll

extension=php_curl.dll

;extension=php_cvsclient.dll

;extension=php_db.dll

;extension=php_dba.dll

It's pretty obvious which line needs to be uncommented...

;extension=php_curl.dll >>> extension=php_curl.dll

If you do not run your own web server, then you have to ask your provider to load the curl library. If they don't know what you are talking about, get a new host. Hell, I'll host people for a few bucks a month...