Windows with ASP?

Guest metascape

Guest metascape

Hi everyone,

Just curious... I didn't see it in the manual, but will Cube Cart run on Windows with ASP hosting?

If anyone was able to make this work, thanks for letting me know.

;)

Guest hennaboy

Depending on what control panel system the host has in place you can change the directory permissions ;)

It will run on windows with PHP running on it.....

Guest metascape

Thank you.

After so many problems with Windows hosting, and very few eCommerce solutions made to support it, I think I will take your advice and step up to Linux.

;)

Guest Brivtech

Switch to Linux hosting if you can, however, CubeCart will work on Windows/ASP hosting, but there's a condition attached. You have to ensure that php has been set up (Usually added in manually) so that it'll work. Otherwise, there's nothing to support the command codes, and, well, it won't work. ;)

Hi everyone,

Just curious... I didn't see it in the manual, but will Cube Cart run on Windows with ASP hosting?

If anyone was able to make this work, thanks for letting me know.

:(

Na,

ASP is a different language to PHP.

You may be lucky, in that your Windows host has PHP/mySQL installed. If this is the case, you should be able to get CC running - but be prepared for a bit of messing about, and a few support calls.

If you're stuck with Windows, I've used "PDShop Pro" which is an ASP based shopping cart, and can recommend it over other low cost ASP based carts.

That said, I'm in the process of moving one of my old stores into CC - as its much more flexible.

Jason