Filezilla

My husband has been trying to help me download cube cart or should I say install it. It's on my pc.. but he's trying to get it on my web host. He's been using a program called File zilla. Is there an easier way?

He's pretty good with reading and following instructions and he said he did what they told him, but as you can see by going here: www.mycurve-appeal.com nothing is there.

Any tips?

Guest netrix

There are two ways, I see, to go about doing this:

1. Unzip the CubeCart zip file and then upload the files in the upload directory.

2. Upload the zip and then unzip on the host - My host uses something called CPanel which has a facility for unzipping files.

It appears from the error message, although that error could mean a lot of things, that the appropriate files have not been taken out of the zip file.

Good luck! Hope it helps.

My husband has been trying to help me download cube cart or should I say install it. It's on my pc.. but he's trying to get it on my web host. He's been using a program called File zilla. Is there an easier way?

He's pretty good with reading and following instructions and he said he did what they told him, but as you can see by going here: www.mycurve-appeal.com nothing is there.

Any tips?

FileZilla is an "FTP Client", my prefered choice :-)

Its basically a program that allows file management on a remote server.

The hardest bit is getting connected - if you can manage that, the rest is pretty simple. You can drag and drop files/folders to and from the remote server.

I'll assume your web host is Linux based - in which case, you may have a nice control panel named CPanel.

This allows you to manage your hosting (manage emails/stats/etc)

Does your host have "Fantastico"? This is a plug-in to CPanel, which will allow you to install CC very quickly.

The current version of Fanstastico installs the current release of CC - so you won't have to update.

If you don't have CPanel or Fantastico, the unzip the CC file to your desktop.

Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your web space. It will take a few mins to upload all the files (approx 13Mb)

Once uploaded, the right hand pane should show a few files and a number of folders.

There is an installation tutorial which should describe this better.

You will need a mySQL database - if you don't have a control panel on your hosting, contact the support dept of your host, and they should be able to do this - and supply username/password/database name.

You will need to tweak permissions of folder/files - so keep playing with FileZilla :-)

Note: Right click on a folder/directory and select "Permissions" to change them.

The CC install requires a few permission tweaks.

I hope this helps a bit,

If you continue to get stuck, please post back here, and someone will help.

Jason

Thanks for your help. I will show all this to my husband when he gets off work, and let you know.

Yes, I have a control panel with my host..I don't know about fantastico. My host is host go.