CubeCart and Gallery

Guest jesphoto

Guest jesphoto

:) I am trying to sell images. I did setup the Gallery 2, but the paypal support it really sucks so I am looking for alternative. CubeCart look like support IPN - did not try at this time if it is working.

The question - it is possible to imbend the Gallery to CC?.

I tryied the Coppermine gallery too, but had no luck with the paypal modules and no support.

Quite a few people having some problem and no response.

Gallery2 having some problem.

This program look like a solid program. The only product I would like to sell are my own pictures.

Any info will help.

Thanks

Guest jesphoto

Why not just skin cubecart so that it looks like a gallery?

Gallery2 have own DB and sorted albums. I have no idea how to "skin" CC.

I do not mind to put some work into this -just this requre "how to".

Could you explain to me how to "skin" the CC? so works as G2. I did disable the paypal module in G2 as it is worthless.

If someone would incorporate the G2(without tha paypal) with the power of CC it would be a "killer" piece of software.

Thanks

Guest jesphoto

I have no idea at all about your gallery software but i see no reason why you could not just use CubeCart. You could have someone redesign cubecart so that it looks like your gallery software. All the categories could be renamed to fit your categories as well as deleting/renaming any of the current cubecart boxes.

Gallery and Coppermine are designed to display images in different res for different users.

I have G2 running at http://www.jesphoto.net. It does have apypal module where you can add to cart individual photo or album. Idisable the paypal module as I can not get answer to my problem. Gallery do not support IPN and digital download what CC does. For photographer - like me - it is a verry good design software. Unfortunatelly no real paypal. I am not familiar with php to make a module like IPN to work with G2. I my have to - in crude way- put my images for sale using CC as I do not have much of the options.

Guest netrix

jesphoto - What is the end result of the integration between G2 and Cubecart supposed to be? I mean are you using G2 to display the image and then linking to CC for the purchasing aspect?

Also for what its worth the order process for G2 works fine on your site except that it looks like your going to paypals sandbox and not the live site.

Guest jesphoto

jesphoto - What is the end result of the integration between G2 and Cubecart supposed to be? I mean are you using G2 to display the image and then linking to CC for the purchasing aspect?

Also for what its worth the order process for G2 works fine on your site except that it looks like your going to paypals sandbox and not the live site.

well. It all is about digital download.Right now I have little over 100 pictures and I can manage to e-mail link to download image to buyer, but my collection will grow and will be too much to handle manual.

Digital download will do it all for me.

G2 do not have digital download and do not look like will be soon.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest debZdoo

jesphoto...

I've got the same problem, perhaps. I've tried Coppermine and G2, but, don't like the order/payment process with either. I install CubeCart hoping for a place for customers to preview and order photo files and prints from me.

The problem that I've encountered is that I'm up to about 800 images that I need to be in a albumized and easy-to-preview environment (including 'previous' and 'next' buttons), and primarily I was hoping to be able to upload multiple products (images) and apply the same options to all of them, all at once.

I know I can ftp all the images at once... BUT THEN I've got to go thru set-up on each and every one, individually ~ too time-consuming considering that I'll be adding about 200-300 more per week.

Some kind of integration would be so wonderful.

I'm new to the forum, so I'll keep searching for answers, but, any/all are welcomed to reply in the meantime, please :-) Thanks.

• 3 years later...

jesphoto...

I've got the same problem, perhaps. I've tried Coppermine and G2, but, don't like the order/payment process with either. I install CubeCart hoping for a place for customers to preview and order photo files and prints from me.

The problem that I've encountered is that I'm up to about 800 images that I need to be in a albumized and easy-to-preview environment (including 'previous' and 'next' buttons), and primarily I was hoping to be able to upload multiple products (images) and apply the same options to all of them, all at once.

I know I can ftp all the images at once... BUT THEN I've got to go thru set-up on each and every one, individually ~ too time-consuming considering that I'll be adding about 200-300 more per week.

Some kind of integration would be so wonderful.

I'm new to the forum, so I'll keep searching for answers, but, any/all are welcomed to reply in the meantime, please :-) Thanks.

just wondering if there was a solution or any ideas/tips for this?

thanks in advance :)