Guest cntgifts

Guest cntgifts

Pricing Model:

3.0.x will remain completely free to use with no limitations.

3.1.0 will have a reasonably priced annual leasing fee which allows access to support and all future versions or alternatively a higher one time purchase price with limited 3 month access to support. It is likely that 99% of the source code will be available with one file encoded so that it can be bolted to a particular domain/ip address. Those who have already purchased a copyright removal key will be pleased to hear that it will work with 3.1.0 at no extra cost after that version has been purchased.

How dumb is this we gotta pay an anual lease for it and we still gotta pay the 70 bux to remove the damn copywrite

I have a feeling we gonna lose alot of current and future would be customers

Guest Brivtech

Pricing Model:

3.0.x will remain completely free to use with no limitations.

3.1.0 will have a reasonably priced annual leasing fee which allows access to support and all future versions or alternatively a higher one time purchase price with limited 3 month access to support. It is likely that 99% of the source code will be available with one file encoded so that it can be bolted to a particular domain/ip address. Those who have already purchased a copyright removal key will be pleased to hear that it will work with 3.1.0 at no extra cost after that version has been purchased.

How dumb is this we gotta pay an anual lease for it and we still gotta pay the 70 bux to remove the damn copywrite

I have a feeling we gonna lose alot of current and future would be customers

How would you suggest that Devellion raises suitable finance for future product development without charging?

Guest Cobos

This sounds fairly reasonable to me, but it depends of course on Devillions defination of reasonable */*

Seriously what I would like to know or rather be clarified was what Brooky said about the source code. So what happens from 3.1 is that the entire source code is still open and moddable except for that 1% that handles the licensing and removing of the copyright/license information ? Is that correct or did I misunderstand something ?

If Cubecart out-of-the-box supports most of the stuff I want and thus means I don't have to buy any or hardly any Modules then I might get out ahead.. Not to mention that most of the functions I need are part of the basic code base... I'll have to hold off any final judgement until I see the exact details but this does sound like a good thing.

Cobos

Guest EverythingWeb

Seriously what I would like to know or rather be clarified was what Brooky said about the source code. So what happens from 3.1 is that the entire source code is still open and moddable except for that 1% that handles the licensing and removing of the copyright/license information ? Is that correct or did I misunderstand something ?

That is how I read it. The only 'part' of the source code which will be encrypted will be the bit which handles the licensing etc.

Guest Brivtech

Brooky mentioned that it was just 1 file that's encrypted to lock an installation to a domain - This would help with licensing and prevent duplicating the system onto other domains without licensing.

I hope this clears up any questions/rumours floating about.

HA HA HA! Yes, and creates many more by the look of it.