URGENT HELP NEEDED

Guest dlp-software

Guest dlp-software

Hi all

I have a bit of an issue that i am sure many of you can offer you advice on.

To cut a long story short i edited one of the .tpl file in ftp: //shop/htdocs/skins/dlpsoftware/styleTemplates/global. I wanted to have a look in one of them to remove some text, so i changed the .tpl to .html for viewing in dreamweaver.

Whist in Dreamweaver we had a very quick power cut. When i fired it all back up again i checked the website, www.dlpsoftware.co.uk and all i had was a blank page.

In the ftp client under ftp ://shop/htdocs/skins/dlpsoftware/styleTemplates/global these are these files i now have, and i am sure there is one missing and cannot find it anywhere. I have a gut feeling it may have uploaded as an HTML file.

These are the files that remain in ftp ://shop/htdocs/skins/dlpsoftware/styleTemplates/global

cart.php

cart.tpl

cart.tpl-pooo

global.inc.php

index.php

index.tpl

index.tpl-pooo

PLEASE HELP

Richard

Guest degsey69

Wow dont know what you have done there Richard.

In styleTemplates/global/ you should only have have cart.tpl and index.tpl

Cart.php and index.php should not be in that folder, they should be in the root folder of the website, ie the one where your skins, includes and admin folders are.

Try moving them there.

Also a tip you do not need to convert the tpl file to html to edit, you can edit it in notepad or I use frontpage as I get a line number.

Degsey :ninja:

Guest dlp-software

Hi degsey69

I have taken on board what you have said and had a look' Cart.php and index.php should be in the root folder of the website' and they are. It would appear that the person who has helped me with this site has linked them all together into the one folder in /skins/dlpsoftware/styleTemplates/global, which is where you say they should be.

If they do need moving i have no idea as although i do have the 'includes' folder and the sub folders are 'boxes' & 'content'.

I still have a feeling that there is a missing filke in /skins/dlpsoftware/styleTemplates/global but do not know which one.

"/skins/dlpsoftware/styleTemplates/global" If this is the path you have for your files tyhen something is definitely wrong. It should be skins/your skin/styleTemplates/global unless dlpsoftware is a custom skin. In any case the only 2 files in that directory are index.tpl and cart.tpl and not files with the php extension.

I suggest you download the latest version just to see the directory structure.