Windows Server Installation Help

Guest DebRule

Guest DebRule

I have put CubeCart on a dedicated Windows server and am not getting the store to read up on the web pages. All I get from the main index.php page and the admin index and login pages are blank white html pages with no content.

I wrote the global.inc.php file manually to get past the Windows permissions problem and forced the Install past the troublesome step 4 to step 5, which seemed to work okay but the links to the store and login, as mentioned, show only blank pages.

Has anyone run across a situation like this before? Any ideas how to get past it? Is it a permissions problem? I have admin access on the server. How should permissions be set in a Windows environment (switching to Linux or Unix is not an option)?

Thanks.

Deb

Guest EverythingWeb

Have a look in some form of error logs for the site as there must be some PHP errors somewhere which may have come about from manaully editting global.inc.php.

Guest hennaboy

You have setup the server yourself? As in installation of php/mysql etc?

Did you set up permissions for mysql and php? these will require the correct permissions for the site to run properly.

Also did you set the parent paths and the extension for php in IIS?

From looking at your blank page the server isnt reading php it is only outputting html.

Guest DebRule

Success! (well, limited success)

Thanks for the help. It was a combination of a php problem, MySQL, and Windows permissions. It's up and more-or-less running (getting database errors on some stuff, so still bugs to work out.