A Few Questions re: spacing, color, headings

Guest fridaydreamer

Guest fridaydreamer

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions that are probably really elementary for all of you who are experienced, but for me, I am completely at a loss to know where to look or what to do.

If someone has time, could you please look at www.fridaydreaming.com and help me solve the following problems:

1) The latest products heading does not always show up for some reason, even though the code is there. This only happened after I used a mod to add the extra content box below the Latest Products box. I'm wondering if the product images are too close to it and need to be moved down a little. Does that make sense? How would I do that to see if that is the problem?

2) On the original Legend skin, there is a background wash of blue in a vertical gradient that goes from white at the top behind the boxes and goes down to blue. Since I added the extra content box, that is gone too. Can't see anything in the mod that should have done that.

3) I can't figure out how to create the same small space between the Latest Products box and the extra content box below it as there is between the Latest Products box and the Welcome content box above it.

4) I also just noticed that there should be a space above the top boxes and below my header. Don't have a clue how to make that happen either.

None of these things is earthshattering and none of them really affect functionality, they are strictly aesthetic, but they are really bugging me (just a bit of a perfectionist I suppose), and I think the site would look more professional if I can get them fixed. I have asked questions 1 and 3 of the person who wrote the mod I used, but so far, no reply. I just thought that maybe these were easy fixes that don't depend on knowledge of this particular mod, so I thought I'd ask here. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Shaunie

Most of what you are looking for can be found in layout.css in your skins directory. Your space below the header for example:

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

height: 116px;

margin-bottom: 10px;

padding-right: 9px;

padding-top: 0px;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.jpg);

border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;

Increase the value for margin-bottom and see if that helps.

The blue background is an image contentBg.jpg called out in layout.css as:

#subSurround {

border: 1px solid #5C84CE;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/contentBg.jpg);

background-repeat: repeat-x;

background-position: bottom;

Adding the mod places a </div> tag at the end of the mod. This might cause the problem.

As for adding a space between your Latest Products and the new content box, try adding <br> just above your new box in index.tpl.

Guest fridaydreamer

Most of what you are looking for can be found in layout.css in your skins directory. Your space below the header for example: . . .

Thanks for all your help! I have everything solved now (some things in surprising and inexplicable ways), except for that darned Latest Products heading. I CANNOT get it to show up, at least not consistently. I actually wanted to change it to read "Our Latest Greeting Cards" but it doesn't matter what words I use or how I add or take away spaces, or compare and match the code in the extra content box (which has no problem displaying its heading) the heading for the Latest Products box will not show. My husband wonders why I care and says it looks great, heading or not--what do you think? Any ideas on how to make it show up?? Should I care??

Shaunie

Guest fridaydreamer

Consider that it might be a problem with your browser. If you are using Internet Explorer you will have this problem. It shows each and every time with Fire Fox. Your problem might not be a 'problem' at all.

Thank you for clearing that up--I thought I was losing it!!! I downloaded FireFox and you're right, it's right there where it should be.

Thanks again,

Shaunie