Buh-Bye Cube Cart?

Guest reb_76

Guest reb_76

I really, really don't want to find another cart. But I can't figure out what is going on with this one, and I'm quite frustrated.

The site I'm working on is store and it was looking great earlier today.

I took a break of a few hours this afternoon, and came back to it.

Now, I can change categories, products, images, text and pricing in the administrative section.

But when I view the site, none of my information is there, the pictures are garbled or non-existant, and it just isn't working.

I even tried switching to a different skin, and it won't accept that.

Yes, I've cleared my cache. Yes, I've viewed it in different browsers. Yes, I've tried deleting and reloading my custom skin (basic CSS changes on the Classic skin).

Can anyone help me, please?

Guest reb_76

by the way, this is what it is supposed to look like:

si.jpg

It wasn't generating thumbnails, then it started generating them in the back office, and then everything quit working :rolly:

Guest reb_76

Ok, I completely unistalled it, wiped out my database,

and I can see the store again.

but I get this error

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/somethin/public_html/store/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_momagain2.jpg' for writing in /home/somethin/public_html/store/classes/gd.inc.php on line 153

with every image I upload. My thumbnails are visible in the backend, but not on the public page.

Also, even though I've chmod to 755 and/or 777, I can no longer edit anything in the Rich HTML editor.

Can someone, anyone, please help me?

Pretty please with a cherry on top? :whistle:

also, it's now doing what I wound up with the first time I installed it - it's displaying the product, with no thumbnail, but after the first two products it stops listing a price. :rolly:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/somethin/public_html/store/includes/content/cart.inc.php on line 346

And the cart doesn't work. :whistle: I haven't even touched that page! I'm autoinstalling, so I know I'm not mucking it up :whistle:

Guest EverythingWeb

Manually install the software, make sure your includes/global.inc.php is setup correctly, CHMOD the images/uploads and images/uploads/thumbs folders to 777.

Auto-installers have a habit of messing things up in the long run. Go manual and you will be better off.

Someone? Anyone? Please?

I'm open to any ideas...

Hmm!

If you're installing via fantastico, you'll find that you do need to change permissions on the image directories.

It kinda sounds like you've tried that, but ensure you're doing it to the *directories* rather than the files..

This is my config:

images/uploads = 777

images/uploads/thumbs = 777

Everything else is pretty much standard.

I'd also ensure your FTP client is setting the permissions correctly - I use FileZilla which works fine.

However, you can also set permissions in the cPanel filemanager.

I can see your product images, but I think you've tried to upload directly as they are far too big and you don't have any thumbnails.

I suggest checking permissions using cPanel filemanger (if you have access to it), or a different FTP client.

Also, ensure your hosting company has the GD image libs installed (I think you would get a different error message if they where not)

Other than that, I can't help much more :-(

Keep at it though - CubeCart is used around the world, and this can mean a helpfull response when you're asleep :-)

Jason

Guest Koilagoon

Another possibility....if you are uploading via FTP (for anything) make sure you are sending files in auto mode and that its not perma-set to ascii or binary.

Guest reb_76

thanks - I was using Fantastico from Cpanel to install, as I was told that it causes fewer problems.

Of course, it was the tech support from the host company who told me that - I think they just didn't want to deal with it.

I'll attempt to do a manual install.

I did a search for 'includes/global.inc.php' and it only pulled up this message. I'm off to dig in the archives a bit more.

Thanks for the help :)

Guest reb_76

thanks! I just went into Cpanel and checked all of the permissions - they are set where they should be. I've tried using bothe Wise-FTP and Coffeecup Direct FTP to upload files.

Set in auto - I doublechecked because of the image problems I was having.

The thing is, in my administrative panel, it does create and show thumbnails. I also have created an 'About Us' page that is fully visible in the administrative section, but not in the storfront.

I ran a php info test to see if gd was installed/running, and it is.

*and* to further complicate the issue - I can't edit the text in the hompage. I edit, hit upload changes, and it bounces back.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest gurusgrafx

thanks! I just went into Cpanel and checked all of the permissions - they are set where they should be. I've tried using bothe Wise-FTP and Coffeecup Direct FTP to upload files.

Set in auto - I doublechecked because of the image problems I was having.

The thing is, in my administrative panel, it does create and show thumbnails. I also have created an 'About Us' page that is fully visible in the administrative section, but not in the storfront.

I ran a php info test to see if gd was installed/running, and it is.

*and* to further complicate the issue - I can't edit the text in the hompage. I edit, hit upload changes, and it bounces back.

I had the same problem you did. I went to my folders and both had 777, I went saved it like I had edited it anyway and now I can upload pictures again without problems. as far as your homepage goes, you'll have to go back into your file manager find the file for the homepage and change the values so you can edit the page. do a search on changing the homepage.. took me a week before I figured that out :rolleyes:

No clue on why your about us page doesnt come through, I've had no problems with that so far.