Thumbnail images don't appear

Guest therab

Guest wellis

I am having the same problem. Sometimes the thumbs for the products show and sometimes they dont. It is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. CC3 is pretty good, but very finicky. What have I set wrong in the sql or the permissions or what? I have read the forums, but no clear answers are really given. Please break down in newbie english.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Thumbnail images on my cart do not appear. Reg size ok. How do you re enter thumbnails

Thanks

I have the same issues, howevever my thumbnails never appeared from day 1, i get no error messages like some people do, it simply just says no image avaliable, the main product image displays fine.

Again numerous forum posts are unhelpful or not understandable.

Please help me .

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here.

Images appear in the product description page.

But no thumbnails in the in the product list.

Anyone have answers please. Support?

i'd say double check your images/uploads/thumbs folder permissions and make sure chmod is 777.

Then see if a missing thumb image is actually in the folder... if thumb_imagename that isn't showing on your site isnt in the folder, sounds like a gd image creation problem. If it is, well, not sure.

i'd say double check your images/uploads/thumbs folder permissions and make sure chmod is 777.

Then see if a missing thumb image is actually in the folder... if thumb_imagename that isn't showing on your site isnt in the folder, sounds like a gd image creation problem. If it is, well, not sure.

Confirmed permissions are set to 777.

No images in the thumbs folder.

All images present in the images/uploads folder.

Any ideas?

Is GD enabled on your server? Do you get any errors when you add an image?

Since there are no images in the thumbs folder, it's not creating the thumbnails which is obviously your problem. Thing is to figure out why it's not creating them.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ccsoh

I have been having the same prob. But I checked my folders, and the permissions are set to 777, and all images are showing up in the uploads folder and thumb_filename is showing up in the thumb folder.

My images were going in just fine, then the other day i went to add mor products, and the main image in the more info area shows up, but my thumb image does not on the product listing. :w00t:

Has anyone figured out what the deal is yet?

if you would like to see more about what I am talking about, go here

Guest ccsoh

I figured out a way to get the thumbs to show, but it is suck a pain.

Just as everyone has said!! :w00t:

I had to go to my Cpanelx thru my hosting company, and change all the permissions to 777 in the thumbs folder.

I checked my permissions thru filezilla, and it said they were set to 777, but when I checked in Cpanelx they were set to 600. I changed them to 777, and they all showed up. :D

The only thing I have a question about now, is how do I get the new images I upload, to have the permissions set to 777 automaticily?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey, I solved the problem by renaming the .htaccess file (or editing it from what it is now)

<Files *>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

</Files>

anyway, hope this helps, I'm going to post it in some more forums too. took me an hour to figure that out.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest stevek1

Hey, I solved the problem by renaming the .htaccess file (or editing it from what it is now)

<Files *>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

</Files>

anyway, hope this helps, I'm going to post it in some more forums too. took me an hour to figure that out.

Where does this .htaccess file live? Can't see it in the thumbs or upload folders.