How do I know if IPN is not working and how to fix it?

I have found several fixes posted for the message but since everthing had been working correctly until this week I am thinking it shouldn't be a configuration problem, rather an IPN problem. I had two customers report error failed messages-both paid by echeck. For one order, I did not recieve an order email and for the other I received an order email but the order is not in the admin panel orders. I tested a little while ago paying from my personal paypal account and payment, order, and email went through but I was redirected back to the error failed try again message which then said the order had already been paid. In admin, order is still set to pending when it should be processing, any idea how to fix this? Is it a paypal or code problem?

Should add that I haven't changed any settings or code recently that I can think of and I'm running 3.0.10

I have found several fixes posted for the message but since everthing had been working correctly until this week I am thinking it shouldn't be a configuration problem, rather an IPN problem. I had two customers report error failed messages-both paid by echeck. For one order, I did not recieve an order email and for the other I received an order email but the order is not in the admin panel orders. I tested a little while ago paying from my personal paypal account and payment, order, and email went through but I was redirected back to the error failed try again message which then said the order had already been paid. In admin, order is still set to pending when it should be processing, any idea how to fix this? Is it a paypal or code problem?

Should add that I haven't changed any settings or code recently that I can think of and I'm running 3.0.10

I'm having the same exact problem with the API worked for months then this past week won't run a credit card and no one has the answers. I was about to buy it but now I'm thinking of trying some other cart. I've lost 89.00 in sales. Some thankfully I've been able to get their credit card faxed in or taken over the phone.

I had two customers report error failed messages-both paid by echeck.
Thats standard behaviour because echeques are not cleared. Please have a look into your PayPal acc on payment details and you'll see the Estimated date payment will be cleared. Once cleared, PayPal call the IPN URL and your Order status goes to Processing.

I received an order email but the order is not in the admin panel orders. I tested a little while ago paying from my personal paypal account and payment, order, and email went through but I was redirected back to the error failed try again message which then said the order had already been paid. In admin, order is still set to pending when it should be processing, any idea how to fix this? Is it a paypal or code problem?
Your previous basket content was not cleared and current basket used the old Order ID. f this occurs, no email is sent to admin, old order data are overwritten, date/time is changed. Onle the same is the Order ID. This is very confused, occured 2 times at our store last month. Try to empty the basket before any test purchase. Sometimes happens no IPN is running from PayPal and we must change the status manually because of some time-out conenction.

I have a similar problem. Everything was working for months, but this morning, I've had 3 customers all get the "payment failed" message, yet their PayPal payment was successfully completed.

None of these customers used echecks, so that's not the problem in this case.

Any other reason this could be happening now when it never happened before?

Guest peanutp

I have a similar problem. Everything was working for months, but this morning, I've had 3 customers all get the "payment failed" message, yet their PayPal payment was successfully completed.

None of these customers used echecks, so that's not the problem in this case.

Any other reason this could be happening now when it never happened before?

Hi there - Check out the link below. I had very similar problems with Paypal IPN and like Convict said it is probably a problem with the timing between cubecart and paypal. The fix in the link below resolves thats and I have never had an issue since. Cannot guarantee it will work, but it is worth giving a try.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....=15202&st=0

thanks

Peter

Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that the timing issue doesn't seem to be adequately handled in the core CC files.
I think this is NOT core CC3 files issue because of PayPal. However I agree, this situation have to be incorporated because of PayPal :( . Hope you understand my point of view. :rolleyes:

I'd like to understand your point of view, but I don't think I get it.

If PayPal can't be trusted to pass the information in a timely matter, then CubeCart MUST take steps to validate the status of the payment before displaying any message to the customer. Even if that means displaying a message like "PayPal has not yet passed the information regarding your payment. When we receive confirmation of your payment, an email will be sent to you." This is far more professional than simply giving a "payment failed" message.

The only time a "payment failed" message should be shown to the customer is when the payment has been declined or otherwise incomplete. It should NEVER happen when a payment has been successfully completed by the customer and accepted by the payment processor.

I agree alant... i've been searching for some mods here, and im sure someone has made some mod for this because this is a common issue, but some of the forum topics containing mods are out of date.. i have just recently implemented CC3 (3.11) so, and this has just been released, i don't know what to do either...