Variable vs. Fixed Width Screens, a CSS issue?

(Sorry about the post description, I tried to change it or the topic title, but can't)

[Any moderators -- feel free to delete this item/topic and I'll re-ask it]

[edited by reststop]

[or better yet, just delete it. I think I found an answer in the .org forums]

http://www.cubecart.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=984

I want the items and text on my site to adjust to whatever size window the user has/wants when they enter our site. My web guy set the page size to a specific width and this creates text that wraps to that size only, and causes horizontal scroll bars, which I hate when reading text. I think text should wrap and fill the available space, nearly always.

The couple of skins that I examined (and really it was only 2 or 3) seemed to have fixed widths for the center area as well as the side boxes. A search of these forums turned up nothing of use for variable width windows. But, maybe it's not there, if there's a simpler solution.

Can someone please direct me to an appropriate way to solve this? Or point to a particular skin that does what I want?

Thanks.

-Carl

Markscarts has a couple of the default skins 'full screen' for a very minimal price and to be honest it is not worth trying to mess with it yourself for this INSANE price. ;):)

Thanks. I'll take a look. Killer vs. Classic or Legend also says it's 100% for the center portion, so that may be enough. I'm not sure if that's the same as full screen or not. I'm still learning the CSS lingo at this point.

-Carl