what's causing the jitter?

Please look at this store under construction:

http://www.rodriguezpuroscigars.com/store/

Click on Test Category. Note how the display surround shrinks. Then click on Home Page and the display returns to the orginal size.

To my knowledge I've not edited the width of ANYthing. I've simply changed some colors, changed the header height from the default 116 to 80, replaced the default images - and that's it.

Any idea where that change is coming from?

BTW - this happens ONLY in FireFox.

I am sorry, FF is my default browser for a long time. I dont see any issue you have mentioned. :sourcerer:
That's strange that it is only on my desktop's FF. I'll hook up my laptop and see if what happens.

OK - interesting result, deeper mystery.

In my desktop, using FF, when I click on Test Category, the size of the surround shrinks left to right by about 10 pixels. I do not see that in IE.

On my laptop, in FF, when I click on Test Category, the size of the surround shrinks left to right by about 10 pixels for just long enough that it is visible - maybe for one second - and then pops back to its full width.

In IE, there's no apparent shift or change in the size of the display.

Very strange.

Guest dlp-software

Hi jerseyjoe

I to checked it out in bth IE & FF and it lokked ok to me too. if you are talking about the 'blink' in IE its the whole image thing ( its more evident on your logo) but i cannot see it being an issue, but thats IE for ya. You could alsway try the new IE 7.

You could always try the new IE 7.
That's a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke. Oh, yes, I'll install Vista on the new computer I'm going to have to buy when the news sys comes out - but only because I need to see the web sites I develop the same way as so many unfortunate Win users see them. Oh, the tragedy. Oh, the humanity.

Meanwhile, it's strange cross-browser behavior and I'm now going to look at other CC sites to see if I encounter there as well.

Joe

Joe, I suppose I'm walking into this a little late, as you no longer have Test category, but rather an "Our Handmade Cigars" category.

Anyway, I have a theory about this. Is this only happening on a viewCategory page? If so, it is probably related to wrongful width set in CubeCart for the list column containing buy buttons - the width is too smal for the buttons, so they overlap the border in FF. The browser may be trying to compensate for the buttons while loading, tus shifting temporarily to the right this larger box.

At any rate, you should cure this width problem to fit the buttons better in FF.

True to form, IE just ignores your CubeCart code and expands the width of the offending element despite the code to the contrary.