Problems between Firefox and IE 6

Guest sprintfun

Guest sprintfun

I've encountered some issues with my cubecart site when it comes to display differences between Firefox and IE. I'm not sure what could cause the problems. and it's not like they are completely major just slight annoyances which make the site look like crap in IE. If it was the reverse problem (it looked liek crap in firefox) I probably wouldn't care as much since most of our demographic will be using IE. Soem background info: I use the Legend skin, and have converted it from 3 columns to 2. I cut all the crap out of the skin (Latest products, currency, language, etc.) and did a little modding. Namely the biggest one on the front end so far is moving the site docs to a content box, then changing the order of the boxes. Anyways, onto the two problems...

The first has to do with how the navigation menus are displayed in both browsers. It is interesting to note that the 'Cart' and 'Popular Products' were not touched by me, and they appear fine in both. The only thing I did in the other two boxes was some slight changes (Like the title in the box header for example)...I HAVE NOT messed with any of the 'li' options in style.css.

How it's supposed to look (Firefox):

firefox1.jpg

How it looks in Internet Explorer:

ie1.jpg

As you can see it's not a huge problem, but as a cosmetic prefectionist, it drives me nuts.

The second problem has to do with the 'contentbg.gif' that is in the legend skin. In firefox it displays properly (at the bottom of the website talbe) and in Internet Explorer it is tucked up under the top header and the search boxes. This is terrible, because between my header and content theres a big black strip that goes the length of the site.

How it's supposed to look (Firefox) [This is the bottom of the page]:

firefox2.jpg

How it looks in poopy explorer [This is the top section of the page]:

ie2.jpg

Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated, and can provide snippets of my css files as needed! Also, through a PM I can provide a link to the website so you can view the website first hand, but do not wish to release this to the public as of now...

Guest vrakas

If it was the reverse problem (it looked liek crap in firefox) I probably wouldn't care as much since most of our demographic will be using IE.

I would as it is increasing rapidly :pirate:

You must of changed some things in the skin as if it is the default skins that come with CC as standard, they dont have such a problem :angry:

I have the same issues. You've explained and illustrated them far more clearly than I. Thank you for that. I hope there is some informed and intelligebt response that helps resolve these issues.

Post-edit: Apparently there has been one of those misunderstandings that can arise on the Internet. The message above was posted, by co-incidence, only 7 minutes after Vrakas posted his. I had hit "reply" to the original message, not to his. I never saw his message until long after. I probably was doing my usual tedious hunt and peck while his was being put up. But, of course, my message appears in this thread, directly behind his.

No one should assume that my posting is a commentary on or reference to his.

I've encountered some issues with my cubecart site when it comes to display differences between Firefox and IE. .....
Welcome on board of crossbrowsers 'compatibility' :pirate:

the 'li' options in style.css..
Add appropriate line-height (about 1.2em) to appropriate css class and you will be happy.

BTW, this is not something you did, it is that IE displays lists like crap. It has to be told what line-height you expect to see.

If you had included a link to your site, I would have looked o see if I could find the answer to your other problem. It probably has to do with a missing <div or </div tag, or some similar mistake.

Guest vrakas

There you go sprintfun and jerseyjoe, i hope these help you out, i need to take a note of that also.

@jerseyjoe

Thanks for clearing that for us, appreciated :pirate:

Guest sprintfun

Thank you very much everybody for you help. markscarts I have PMed you the website so if you could take a peak at it to try and figure out the contentbg.gif problem that would be very much appreciated!