BT barred my emails out

Guest degsey69

Guest degsey69

Has anybody come across this before.

I use BT for business asdl lines for my uk business because I need the 5 ip address's that come with the package.

I live in the USA and use bluehost as my ISP, primarily because they do all that I require and keep supprising me with more features in their cp panel.

One day last week my office in the UK phoned me to tell me that all out going emails were blocked going through BT's servers.

I tried all the usual things like changing ports and enabling SSL but BT had clamped down on all emails out on my domain http://www.mpc-direct.com which is where my ecomerce site is located.

After discussions with BT they said they had blocked the emails because the registrant (me) had a domain registered to a USA address and that it had to be registered to a UK address otherwise they would block all my emails out.

So I changed the details through whois to the UK and they unblocked the emails.

Talk about jobsworth!

Degsey ;)

Guest vrakas

Interesting way to solve the problem but i must admit that its wierd why they should of done this in the first place :D

Well something new everyday :rolleyes: