Ok, ready for some thought on our site

Guest GGROUPMEDIA

Guest GGROUPMEDIA

Ok, Thought it was time to stick a link on here and get some thoughts. Pretty happy with it but it's always good to have others take a look. Only tested on a pc with Explorer, Firefox and opera.

Used classic skin as it was more or less what I was looking for, why reinvent the wheel I thought.

Have added and tweaked a few things. */*

Cheers,

Colin

BikeJumble.co.uk

Guest ange1cra

Just had a look at your front page and I think it looks fab , love the font!

Ok, Thought it was time to stick a link on here and get some thoughts. Pretty happy with it but it's always good to have others take a look. Only tested on a pc with Explorer, Firefox and opera.

Used classic skin as it was more or less what I was looking for, why reinvent the wheel I thought.

Have added and tweaked a few things. ;)

Cheers,

Colin

BikeJumble.co.uk

Question yourself as to the purpose of the external links. Getting people to visit your web site is your #1 problem, far and beyond whatever issue is in second place. So, how does sending those hard-won people to other web sites help you sell your goods?

Guest GGROUPMEDIA

Hi all, been offline so only just caught your comments.

Thanks to you all, I'll add an extra "enter" possibly on the image. I see the point in not having external links. And I thought this over before doing it. Still not sure if they'll stop there or go on a seperate page though. I am still pondering over it.

My thoughts are this. Its a site aimed at a specific group. Bikers needing spares, now when we've looked in the past for spares we simply look for what we need, if we can't find it we leave.

Now, if we started placing other Bike related products on the cart I'd rather the surfer look around those. External links may be a problem then. But in my experience with bikers looking for spares they'll look and leave - after all they're there in order to get there bike back on the road period.

So my external links.. hopefully they'll be the exit link instead og google or the browser being closed, and fingers crossed they'll make a purchase on those if they fail to find something on site they need.

Second reason is to add a little usefulness to the site, as I say I may stick these on a seperate page so bikers can use the site as a portal to other useful sites (taking care not to loose custom to others though)

Third reason, and correct me if I'm wrong, but having links to external sites (and wording to match site topic) may rank the site higher in search engines. Not sure if that's still true due how often the search engines change the way they rank.

Having said all that, I see your point, and I'm still not sure. Swings and Rounabouts I guess. Will keep it in mind though.

Thanks again, and if there's any bikers out there.... well you know where to come :rolly:

Regards,

Colin