Static pages with cubecart

Hi all,

Hoping someone has got some experiece and knowledge of this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to add in some specific landing pages to allow for tracking of ad campaigns and also to help with SEO type things.

I figure there are a few ways to do this, and all have their advantages and disadvantages. Any comments on which is the best route to proceed would be good.

Option 1

Create static HTML files with a separate CSS style sheet. Specific landing pages that would then link to a category or product in the Cubecart store.

Option 2

Create specific pages similar in format to the site docs pages but hidden from the menus, which I'm sure I've seen similar done or referred to elswhere on the forum.

Personally I'm favouring option 1, but I'm not sure how CubeCart will react to this, will I need to create a specific directory to stop conflicts (such as www.store.com/ads/abc.html) or pull them out onto a sub-domain?

Anyone with experence of this? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks