Upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12

Guest nukerocks

Guest nukerocks

Hi ive just noticed the new upgrades to version 3.0.12 im currently on version 3.0.10

can i upgrade from .10 .12

or would i need to upgrade .3.0.10 to .11 to .12 ?

thanks

nukerocks

:whistle:

ps.are there any issues i should no about after the upgrade ?

Guest nukerocks

Instructions are included in the download

thanks for the reply but i couldnt find instructions to upgrade from v .10 to .12 ?

ill check again.

thanks

Guest vrakas

Under the folder upgrade there are some txt files, the last 2 are these mentioned under.

Upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.0.11.txt

Upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12.txt

Hope this helps :whistle:

Guest nukerocks

Under the folder upgrade there are some txt files, the last 2 are these mentioned under.

Upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.0.11.txt

Upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12.txt

Hope this helps ;)

thanks i have seen these text files but i dont want to up grade from .10 .11 or .11.12

i want to upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12.txt is this possible ? or do i need to upgrade to .11 first then .12

some one will get what im saying i can do the upgrade no problem i just wanted to no if i could jump .10.12

thanks again peeps :)

Guest mcreative

want to upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12.txt is this possible ? or do i need to upgrade to .11 first then .12

some one will get what im saying i can do the upgrade no problem i just wanted to no if i could jump .10.12

Hey new here as well, but I did just that a few minutes ago (upped from .10 to .12). So I guess the answer is yes you can jump up two versions.

The only thing different I did was, after I loaded all the files(used the latest 3.0.12.zip),

I uploaded this first: "upload upgrade/scripts/3.0.{6-10}-3.0.11/upgrade.php to the store root."

I ran it, then I uploaded the very latest 3.0.12 upgrade.php. Clicked upgrade. Done. Zero Errors.

Hope that helps.

Above all take your time and think it out.

Can anyone point me to where the list of changes are? I really don't see anything significant in the versions(mods, SEO, etc.).

Also do we is there an area where we can get a hint/eta of the next version?

Many Thanks,

MCreative

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nukerocks

Ok thanks for all your answers so you can jump from v.10 v.12 but how do we keep the shop running ive done the upgrade with no errors but my shop content has all gone and it looks like a fresh install...... all my products have gone and im left with the basic set up.

how can i do this im still currently on version 3.0.10

kind regards

nukerocks

want to upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12.txt is this possible ? or do i need to upgrade to .11 first then .12

Hey new here as well, but I did just that a few minutes ago (upped from .10 to .12). So I guess the answer is yes you can jump up two versions.

The only thing different I did was, after I loaded all the files(used the latest 3.0.12.zip),

I uploaded this first: "upload upgrade/scripts/3.0.{6-10}-3.0.11/upgrade.php to the store root."

I ran it, then I uploaded the very latest 3.0.12 upgrade.php. Clicked upgrade. Done. Zero Errors.

Hope that helps.

Above all take your time and think it out.

Can anyone point me to where the list of changes are? I really don't see anything significant in the versions(mods, SEO, etc.).

Also do we is there an area where we can get a hint/eta of the next version?

Many Thanks,

MCreative

One important line of instruction is :

a. Upload every file to the server replacing your existing ones excluding:

includes/global.inc.php

install/

language/*/home.inc.php (If you have made changes.)

It sounds to me like your global.inc.php file was overwritten

My Web hosting provider offers an auto-install option (through Fantastico) for the latest version, which is fine, but I'm concerned about preserving the look and feel of the shopping cart.

If I make a backup of my custom skins directory, can I re-upload it after the upgrade without creating problems? In other words, are there changes to the skins and include files (which I've also altered for layout purposes) that are critical or will it not matter?

Thanks!

Michael

My Web hosting provider offers an auto-install option (through Fantastico) for the latest version, which is fine, but I'm concerned about preserving the look and feel of the shopping cart.

If I make a backup of my custom skins directory, can I re-upload it after the upgrade without creating problems? In other words, are there changes to the skins and include files (which I've also altered for layout purposes) that are critical or will it not matter?

Thanks!

Michael

If you have a manually installed CC3 existing cart that is working, with it's own database full of products, IMO, you do not want to use fantastico to try to upgrade it. I'm not sure that this can even be done, because Fantastico "remembers" anything it has installed on your server. But, if you want to try this, backup everything well - especially the sql database. This can get slippery for most of us.

I would upgrade manually. Fantastico is going to overwrite all files - including any modded files. Yes, you can subsequently upload the custom skins.

Fantastico is great. In that it installs CC3, and creates the sql database all at the same time. (Remenber, there are database changes between some of the upgrades.)

I started with the Fantastico install, was EXTREMELY frustrated, ripped, and downloaded from CubeCart.

Fantastico is a good concept for helping newbies, but seems to have the Bill Gate's viewpoint that all PC users are retards. Some of their hand holding choices are just BAD.