how to add intro above each catergory page

Firstly, this forum is THE BEST! I am totally new to this and got started on Cubecart after OSCommerce lost me. By going thru the forum, and a wee bit of virtual help, I managed to tweak my website to what I wanted. ;) Thanks everyone, for your contribution!

Currently, I am trying to include an intro for each catergory. Eg:

- I click on CATEGORY

- CATERGORY opens, and all the products are listed there.

- I would like to include an intro below the CATERGORY title.

Can anyone advise me on how do I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance!

Guest vrakas

Thanks you for your kind words and with CC no way you will be alone :)

There is a FREE mod "category disctription" in the .org forum ;)

Look at the free mods section.

The mod requires that you edit cetain files. There is an html icon in the unzipped folder. Click on it and the instructions will open in your browser.

The files affected are:

# language/en/lang.inc.php

# admin/categories/index.php

# includes/content/viewCat.inc.php

# skins/{skin_name}/styletemplates/content/viewCat.tpl

# SQL

You will need to add a new table to your database. The mod is quite easy to install but does take a bit of careful editing. I use it on my site.

Thanks for the swift reply!

I cant locate the said zip file. I clicked on DOWNLOAD, and a window popped up with a timer counting down. It doesn't let me save the file to a specific location, nor tells me the name of the file. Once that window shuts, nothing happens.

I am not sure what I should be doing now.

I did everything suggested, including using Firefox, and I still am not getting anything. Even did a search function on my drive to locate the mysterious file. :dizzy:

You won't believe this... but I finally managed to download the file, BUT thru Estelle's mod store. Tested on IE and Firefox. There was no way I could download via cubecart.org.

Thanks for all your advice! Really appreciate them. :dizzy:

Hiya. Yes, I did register, as "bleu_frogs". I wasn't allowed to view the file as a guest, so I registered, close and open my browser again to do a download. Do you want me to do a screen shot of the download window and send it to you?

Guest vrakas

I had checked and saw the time of your registration, sorry i then changed my post by the time you replyed :dizzy:

As long as you got it now, its all that matters :)

Oh... sorry... its 1.30am here. My mind is not as sharp. :dizzy:

Yep... I followed Estelle's instructions and managed to get what I want. Hooray!

Fighting a new "fire" now. My SHOPPING BASKET and REGISTER are not working. I clicked on them and I get a blank page. ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!